040.

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

For the next week Anna didn't get to be alone for a second. There was always someone with her even after she was discharged from the hospital. It was mostly Polly, Imogen and Isiah who couldn't leave Anna alone but even Michael started to spend more and more time with his sister ― apparently her near-to-death call had opened his eyes and he wanted to make more of an effort.

Anna was grateful for the love and support her friends and family gave her but the constant worrying they projected did made her a little tense. However she didn't have the heart to say this to them so whenever she had a chance, she would go and sneak out to the garden's of Imogen's townhouse to be alone.

According to the doctors, Anna was fine now. She had been just under too much stress which affected her body in ways they couldn't explain. Anna was fine with this answer but her mother and Imogen did not share this sentiment and kept going to the hospital every single day to see if they've come with a new answer.

Anna however did not care and tried her very best to enjoy her new chance as some called it. She didn't think so ― she thought surviving Spring Fever was her new chance.

"Are you following me?"

Isiah stopped on his tracks, his cheeks flushing like the rose bushes behind him. He had noticed Anna leaving the house earlier and decided to go after her.

"No," he shook his head innocently.

"You sure?" Frowned Anna and turned to look at him. "So you just decided to take a walk here?"

"Yes. I wanted to take a little walk," said Isiah.

He didn't know why he felt like he needed to lie ― it was clear that Isiah was there to look after Anna. He wanted to believe Anna was all well and nothing bad will never happen to her again but the world has shown how unfair it is towards Anna.

Anna looked calm and there was a sense of serenity around her. Her unruly hair was open and whenever the wind blew, her hair would dance around her face. Her face was still a little pale but not in a sick way ― Anna has always been quite pale. But that sparkle in her eyes which had made Isiah fall for her in the first place was finally back. It had disappeared when Polly and the rest of the family were arrested.

"All right then," grinned Anna and walked to Isiah. "Or are you here to make sure I won't faint again? Or are you here just to keep me outside because Thomas will be here soon?"

Thomas' arrival was supposed to be a secret, a secret from Anna. No one wanted Anna to see her cousin ― they were worried that she would get too worked up and something bad would happen again.