028.

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

Polly was shouting at Thomas.

He was shouting at her. 

And Anna was sitting on the back seat of the moving car, Imogen by her side. Neither of them said a word ― both of them almost too afraid to interfere the argument between Polly and Thomas. Their argument was all about where they should go now.

Polly wanted the driver to drive Anna home first so she would be safe while Thomas wanted the driver to drive them straight to Watery Lane so he could gather people to help and find Charles. Anna understood both sides but she did believe Charles' safety was the number one priority instead of hers. She was an adult and could look after herself ― no matter what her mother says.

"Not that anyone really cares about my opinion here but mum, let Thomas go to Watery Lane first," Anna chimed in. "Then the car will take me and Imogen back to the house."

"Yes thank you! Your girl has sense in her," Thomas said.

"Absolutely not, Tommy. I am not putting Anna in the middle of this. I mean you made me leave Michael behind already!" Polly exclaimed.

"He's in the car behind," said Thomas. "Now that you know where both of your children are, let me find mine."

Polly sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Trust me Thomas, no one knows better than I do how horrible it is when you don't know where your child is but I need to..."

"Mum," said Anna and Polly turned to look at the girl.

"It's fine. Just let Thomas go to Watery Lane first," Anna added. 

There was such determination in Anna's eyes that even Polly didn't feel like arguing with her ― and the sooner they make a decision, the sooner Anna will be safe behind locked doors. 

Anna didn't think she was in any immediate danger but she wasn't going to say this to her mother who was probably not even going to believe her. Anna looked over her shoulder to see the back window of the car. Another car was just behind them ― the car where Michael was in with Finn Shelby. Behind them was another car too and though Anna couldn't be sure, she believed Isiah was there.

"I am fine and unharmed. Charles is the one who is in danger so you should prioritize him over me," explained Anna.

"I will take Anna home. There's no reason to worry," Imogen said, offering her help and support. 

"Fine. First Watery Lae but then straight home," sighed Polly, still uncertain of the choice.

Thomas didn't thank her but Anna could feel him breath again. She couldn't even imagine what he was going through now, not knowing anything.