eight☀️

"Shall we try this again?" Julie said to the boys once Flynn and her brother has left.

"Yes, please. But remind us later that there's some sunset curve songs that we wanna show you both later." Luke said as he stood up from the couch.

"Ooh! Show us now." Julie said, and Aurora nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, ok." Luke said as he turned around to grab his songbook.

"Home is where my horse is. Reggie, stop putting your country songs in my journal." Luke said as he took out a loose piece of paper from his book.

"That was a gift." Reggie said with a small smile, making Aurora smile over at him.

"Thanks buddy." Luke said as he tapped his journal onto Reggie's chest, before walking over to Julie.

"Yeah, you should maybe circle back..." Reggie trailed off, frowning slightly.

"Hey, you can maybe show me the song later? I love hearing you sing." Aurora said to him quietly as she walked up to him, making the smile return on his face. He nodded happily at her suggestion.

"I dog-eared the ones I think you would slay." Luke said as he handed Julie his journal.

Julie smiled as she looked through the songs, before stopping at a certain one. Looking up with a smile, she spoke. "Who's Emily?"

"That one's not dog-eared." Luke said quickly, reaching for his journal.

Aurora noticed the way he tensed up slightly at the name and furrowed her eyebrows.

Julie stood up and brought the journal with her before reading out some of the lyrics. "If you could only know that I'd never let you go. Wow, Luke, I didn't know you were such a romantic." She teased.

"He's not. That one's actually about-"

Alex got cut off as Luke nudged his arm. "No one. That's just something that I tried and-"
He tried reaching for his journal again, but Julie moved it out of his reach. "But if you go to the next dog-eared page, I've got a tune that's just... it's got a killer beat."

Luke trailed off as he started playing his guitar.

"Nice. I like it. Very rock. It kinda sounds familiar though." Aurora commented, making the boys smile at her.

"So you wanna sample?" Julie said.

"What do you mean, 'sample?'" Luke questioned.

"Sample someone else's music. Me and my mom used to sing that song at the top of our lungs in the car all the time. It's a classic Trevor Wilson song." Julie informed the boys.

"Nope. It's a classic our song." Luke said as he pointed to his journal.

"Pure Sunset Curve. Never even heard of Trevor Wilson." Reggie said.

"Yeah. Maybe you're mixing it up with another song." Alex said in agreement to what Reggie said.

"I don't mix up songs, trust me. Me and his daughter used to be best friends. I used to hang out at their place all the time. I know that song."

The boys all looked at each other, not really believing what Julie was saying.

"Here." She said as she leaned down to grab her laptop. "I'll prove it. His first album had a bunch of hits, but none of his latest stuff is as good."

"That's Bobby." Luke said, as the other two boys leaned closer to the screen.

"Bobby as in..?" Aurora said as she looked over to Reggie, him just nodding at her.