twenty☀️

"You okay?" Aurora asked Julie as she walked into the girls room.

"No. Are you? I'm guessing Reggie told you about the jolts." Julie said as she moved over on the bed and gestured for Aurora to sit down next to her.

"Yeah. He told me. We have to help them cross over." Aurora sighed with a frown on her face. She didn't want to loose the boys, but she would rather them cross over then be forced to play for that Caleb guy.

"I know. But we'll loose them either way. I don't want to say goodbye to them." Julie admitted, looking down at the sketchbook in her hand. "I texted Flynn, she'll be here soon."

Aurora just nodded her head at the girl, but before she could say anything, Julie's bedroom door opened.

"Hey. I got your text." Flynn said as she walked into the room.

"Don't come too close. Anyone I seem to care about disappears." Julie said as she put the lid on her pen.

"You guys can't get rid of me. In like the crazy glue of best friends." Flynn said, making Aurora smile at the girl and nod her head in agreement.

"I just don't get it. Right when my life starts to get good. Great friends, great band, great guy, then bam!" Julie said as she held up a drawing of her name, and an explosion happening around it.

"I seriously don't know why all of this is happening to you two, but that's gonna be a great album cover one day." Flynn said positively, pointing at the drawing. "But if I'm being completely honest, I'd leave the creative side of things to Red."

Aurora just smiled at Flynn, then laughed when Julie sent her a playful glare.

"You don't have to do that." Julie said as she and Aurora watched Flynn fold Julie's clothes, and look through her moms things.

"I know, but I get the check out all your mom's cool stuff." Flynn said as she was rummaging through Rose's things. "Woah. Did you know this was in here?" She held up a 'sunset curve' t-shirt that had stick on gems and diamonds on it.

"What the heck?" Julie questioned. Aurora just moved from the bed and next to Flynn, taking the shirt in her hands to have a look at it.

"How do you think she got it?" Flynn questioned.

"I... I don't know, but the guys said they didn't know my mom. Why would they lie?"

"Maybe they were telling the truth. What if they didn't know her, but she knew them? She could have been a fan!" Aurora said as she looked over at Julie.

"I mean, sunset curve was playing the Hollywood club scene around then." Julie admitted, thinking about her mom and the boys.

"Oh my gosh, what if you were right? What if the guys are connected to your mom? You know, through music or something." Flynn said as she stood up to look at Julie.

"Because she brought their t-shirt?" Julie questioned, not quite believing what Flynn was saying.

"No no, think about it Jules. They were the ones who made you wanna play music again." Aurora said, thinking about what Flynn said and thinking it to be true.

"Red's right! Maybe she knew they could help you!" Flynn agreed.

"So, you guys mean to tell me that my mom is somewhere out there planning all this?" Julie said in disbelief. "If she wanted me to play music again, why wouldn't she just tell me herself?"

"That's what we're saying, yes. But hey, maybe my mom joined her." Aurora said softly, moving over to sit next to Julie again, grabbing her hand in hers. Julie smiled softly at her, and rested her head on Aurora's shoulder. Luckily, she was sitting on the side of her good shoulder so she knew she wouldn't hurt the girl accidentally.

"Maybe she can't. Maybe she has to do it another way. You know, through signs. You've been through these clothes how many times and haven't found this T-shirt? Why now. This is another sign. I'm just saying. It's not over, Julie!" Flynn said.

"Really? 'Signs'?" Julie said, unconvinced.

"You're in a ghost band, and you're telling me you can not grasp the idea of signs?" Aurora said, looking over at Julie.

"It's a crazy world." Flynn said in agreement to Aurora. "Look, you guys are gonna loose them no matter what. and it sucks. But they helped bring you back to life, Julie. And Red, you always seem happier when you are with them. Now it's up to you two to help them, they deserve it. They have to cross over. Let them go." Flynn said sadly.

☀️🌻☀️

Aurora and Julie looked at each other as they stood outside the studio. Julie reached over and interlocked her and Aurora's fingers together, bringing them both a sense of comfort.

Aurora nodded at her, and they both opened the studio doors. When they walked in, they saw Reggie in the arm chair, strumming a sad tune on his guitar, Luke was sat on the floor with his head leaning against the couch, and Alex was lying on the couch, trying to balance a drum stick on his nose.

"Snap out of it!" Julie said loudly, startling the boys. Alex ended up falling off the couch, making Aurora smile in amusement.

"Jeez, I think you broke Alex." Reggie said, looking over at the girls.

"Do you guys want to cross over or what?" Aurora asked them.

Luke helped Alex get back into the couch, none of the boys saying anything.

"Get it together!" Julie said, clapping with each word that she spoke.

"They're never gonna let us play the Orpheum." Luke said, sadly looking over at the girls.

"We're nobody." Alex chimed in.

"We're less than nobody. We have no bodies." Reggie said, making Aurora playfully glare at him. Luke snapped his fingers in Reggie's direction, agreeing with what he said.

"Someone once told me that you don't ask for permission. You book gigs by doing." Julie said, making Luke chuckle slightly.

"That was me." Reggie said brightly.

"No, it wasn't"
"No, it wasn't"
Julie and Luke both said as they looked over at Reggie.

"Yes it was." Reggie mumbled sadly, then looked over at Aurora with a pout on his face. She smiled at him and mouthed 'poor baby', making him smile.

"This isn't over. We were brought together for a reason. Aurora moved here for a reason: to help each other." Julie said.

"Yeah, but like Luke said, people don't just play the Orpheum because they want to." Alex said, and Reggie pointed over at him in agreement.

"People don't." Julie said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"But ghosts do." Aurora finished Julie's sentence. The girls both looked at each other and smiled, then looked over at the boys, seeing them all look at each other.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Authors note —> sorry for the slightly shorter chapter, but today will be a double update to hopefully make up for it. This book will be coming to an end soon as I will be on the last episode :(