fifteen☀️

"Papa?" Aurora spoke, her voice barely a whisper. "Y-you can't be here."

"Hi sweetheart." Isaac spoke to his daughter with a smile on his face, although it looked more sinister than friendly. "I missed you, so I thought I would come and see you." Aurora flinched slightly at the nickname he used, nothing good ever happened when he called her that.

"You can't just 'come and see us', Isaac, we have three restraining orders against you. Now leave, before I call the police." Chloè spoke firmly, standing protectively next to her daughter.

"Shouldn't you have done that when I first walked through that door?" Isaac said, pointing to the front door.

"Please leave. We don't want you here." Aurora spoke, her voice no longer a whisper.

"How did you even find us? We moved here to get away from you." Chloè spoke. Isaac looked over at his ex-wife, the sinister smile slowly falling off his face.

"Like I said, I missed you. So I tracked your phone to here, and came to say hi. It really wasn't that difficult at all." When Isaac spoke, his eyes lingered on his ex-wife. They briefly flickered over the Aurora once in a while, but the main focus was Chloè.

"Leave, Isaac. Now." Chloè spoke through gritted teeth, her phone clutched in her hand.

"You see, I can't do that. You two are not being very friendly are you? What happened to hospitality, huh? A nice warm welcoming?" Each word that Isaac spoke, he got closer and closer to the girls. "I'll let you both in on a little secret."

"I'm not feeling very welcome." He whispered, standing right in front of the girls. Chloè and Aurora could feel his breath on their faces.

Aurora felt her mother trying to gently push her away, but her father saw from the corner of his eye. He grabbed both of the girls' wrists tightly, making them stay right where they were. Taking the phone out of Chloès hand, he looked at his daughter.

"Where do you think you're going, sweetheart? I didn't say you could leave." Aurora was scared at this point. She could tell her father was getting mad, and it was never good when he got mad. She tried to look anywhere but his eyes.

"Let go of my daughter, Isaac." Aurora's mother spoke, protectiveness laced in here voice.

"Our daughter, Chloè."

"No. You lost the right to call her that when you almost beat her to death."

Aurora looked down. She really wished this wasn't happening right now. Tears started to form in her eyes as bad memories of her father and that night danced around in her head.

Isaac's grip tightened on auroras wrist, making her take a sharp intake of breath. "You don't think that way, do you sweetheart?"

You see, Aurora has two options. 1- she could lie. She could say that her mother has no idea what she's talking about. But, her father would know she's lying, and they could get hurt. Or 2- she could tell the truth. She could tell him that she never wants to see him again, and that she doesn't see him as a good father. That she only called him 'papa' earlier because she was so shocked to see him. But, alas, he wouldn't like that answer. He would get angry and hurt them.

So really, it didn't matter what her answer was, right?

Aurora took a deep breath and looked him in the eye. "She's right. You're nothing more than a sperm donor to me."

His left eye twitched. Wrong answer.

"You ungrateful little brat! I've done so much for you in your life. I gave you food, a place to live, what more did you want?!" Isaac yelled, making around flinch.