6. The Alpha Turned Bad

Baze

***

Hearing the library doors open, I lifted my head to face them and saw Alyx come in. Relief of it being him made my nerves settle then I noticed how he held the door open for more people to pool in after him and my heart leaped out of my chest.

Allie...?

A year ago, after my parents died, my sister had disappeared. It was so unexpected, but because she's a 22 year old adult, my missing person report didn't go through as they didn't see the matter as urgent. She never reached out to me, never emailed, called or text to let me know she was alive. I was left alone to collect our parents' insurance money, the house, cars and more.

To see her, alive and well, after a year of no contact... I was frozen, my eyes on her as she walked in.

Allie wasn't looking at me, she was staring at the guy who stepped in after her. She looked distraught when we made eye contact then she quickly reverted her gaze to the floor after a few seconds we shared staring at each other.

A guy who I've never seen before entered after her. His posture was so straight that he appeared more like a statue in his all black attire, his height almost surpassing Alyx's huge golden library doors. The shiny raven hair on the guy's head covered his forehead over light blue eyes that had the most bold shape to them.

The more I stared, the more inhuman he looked with his clean porcelain skin and sharp features that literally looked carved from stone.

A cloud of darkness faintly surrounded him, something I've never seen before.

His eyes were on Allie before leisurely moving to me. Not an ounce of fear was present on Allie's face as she stood near Alyx and the possible other werewolf in the room.

She clearly knew this other world a lot more than I did if she wasn't scared for her life like I began to. Her outfit for the most part looked like she was ready to kill, but for her not to kill him obviously meant that she sided with them both in some way.

What did she know?

"Nice to meet you, Baze," his voice, if I had to describe it, was like velvet. There was little to no emotion in his words, just him speaking with a faint accent I barely detected.

The guy made his way towards the leather couch across from the one I sat on. My fear began to fade as something about him felt familiar and not at the same time.

"Baze, this is Sebastian," Alyx's words caught my attention. "Him and his people are going to help prevent others from getting attacked by Lycans like you did." My hands started to shake a little at the thought of what happened in the woods. They told me that I was in the woods for two days, a woman named Briana had watched over me, helped check for wounds before I was able to drink plenty of water and eat.

Sebastian reached his hand out to shake mine. After a few moments he realized I wasn't going to take it and pulled it back, giving me a look of amusement. I shrunk back a little, he was inspecting my reaction as if he expected it for some reason. His name was mentioned before and I remembered the guy with the brown fohawk had stepped in to let Alyx know that Sebastian is here.

"What is this big talk you mentioned earlier?" I asked, looking at Alyx who had his jaw locked.

"Talk?" Sebastian asked, "Did this talk have something to do with the Hunters Councilors?" His inquiry was directed towards Allie. She didn't take a seat, but was facing the window and only turned her head to glance at him.