23. A Token

Baze

***

I've been dreading having another vision since yesterday. It's like the universe wanted me to know who is sleeping with who and who Death has on his list to kill next. I'm too afraid to interrogate Allie about Sebastian or tell anyone that I'm pregnant. After an overwhelming and physical day we all had yesterday, I didn't want to be the bearer of more... shocking news.

My hand subconciously went to my stomach. I am only 3 weeks from what the doctor's suggested. Roxana did say that shifters and genetic carriers don't stay pregnant nearly as long as humans which means, I don't have much time before I start showing. The result paper alone was a couple days ago, I could fare well be 4 weeks now.

How am I going to tell Alyx? How are we going to disclose this to his pack without them living in fear for what we just possibly created? How did a half vampire get pregnant?!

At least now we don't have to worry about the pack of Lycans anymore. There were a little over 50 that we had encountered and killed in the past. Sebastian's Romanian friend had went out of his way to kill both Saul and his mate once we realized he did in fact flee the church before we arrived.

Sylvia and Saul's bodies were revealed to everyone yesterday and by the smell of it, I could tell they were dead. They already had parasites lying within them and that was my first time ever seeing anything visibly decaying. It was so hard not to vomit once noticing the process of death so up close and personal.

"We have checked the corners and old private residences that were under Saul's fake name, 'Eleazar'," Stephan answered Alaric's questions. He was concerned that some stray Lycans that were against us were still alive and plotting. "They were vacant. As a matter of fact... There was so much dust that any living or undead being wouldn't be able to properly hide their presence if they were there."

Alaric looked satisfied by Stephan's response, but all I could focus on was how tense Veronica was around him.

"We appreciate what you and Sebastian have done. Y'all were able to check our blind spots and handle them with success," Alyx smiled. "I'm indebted to you guys."

"I noticed some of your weapons and armor." Stephan's brown eyes left my mate and slowly moved to me with interest after my statement. "Were you a hunter before becoming a vampire?"

He smiled and nodded, "I was on the council."

I frowned, not knowing much about hunters. Allie wasn't able to spend much time with me yesterday and had to deal with some things regarding her hunter friends and the sadness of her leaving when I needed her had me crying in the shower last night.

"I'm used to tracking Lycans rather than just kill. It's easier when you have connections and a huge knowledge on the databases," Mid-sentence Veronica had walked away into the living room. Sebastian's eyes followed her and I could've sworn some annoyance was there.

Shane and Jaxon were asking a million questions about his skills in hacking when we heard the television say, "21 year old Baze Acevedo was last seen in Burkenshire Hospital earlier this week."

My eyes widened and I was in front of the tv so fast that I got whiplashed.

"She was admitted after being hit by Leo and Alicia Thomas family van with fatal injuries. We are unsure of how she was able to leave the hospital in her condition, but are convinced she would've succumbed to her wounds. The doctors found out not only were her injuries life threatening, but that the 21 year old was nearly a month--"