36. Butterflies Touch

Baze

***

After Alyx woke me up, he had offered to make me some more tacos that we had prepared earlier. He didn't ask me about the conversation I had with Allie before making his way downstairs, he just kissed me on my forehead.

I was still drowsy and upset because I didn't remember falling asleep. I frowned at the powder white blanket over me confused. Last thing I remembered was sitting on Alyx's lap while he read his book with the little wolf on it.

He smelled so nice and his body radiated so much warmth...

Now I know why I fell asleep.

I laughed to myself and looked back at the calendar. We predicted that the baby might be here as early as January, the latest February. It's October and we thought it would be smart to reveal the pregnancy and engagement to the pack on Thanksgiving.

I was looking at the picture of Alyx, his brother and his parents on the wall. The both of them looked younger, maybe in their early teens when this was taken?

Alyx's hair wasn't curling down to his shoulders like it is now, it was cut short and contrasted against his tanned skin that he shared between both his parents. Jaxon was the only one that looked like he didn't see the light of day with his short brown hair, pale skin and light green eyes that was identical to the woman between him and his brother.

Alyx's mom was so gorgeous. He had told me she was human and that her name was Natalie. In the photo, her freckled smile was wide as her eyes met the camera. Her hair was dark brown and flowed a little past her shoulders, his dad's thick arms rested just below her chin as he stood behind her.

I haven't spoken to his dad before he passed away, I just remember him having the same curly blonde hair that was cut short and warm brown eyes that shined in the photo. Alyx was a spitting image of him while Jaxon looked like their mom, even with the curly brown fohawk he has now.

I wonder how they would've responded to the vampire witch hybrid carrying their son's first child...

My eyes landed on the layout of the pack in curiosity after admiring the beautiful paintings on his wall and more family pictures. I scanned over the familiar handwriting of my mate and caught sight of where Alyssa stayed. I'm not sure if this was an updated version of where everyone lived or an old one.

I heard Alyx walking up on the first set of stairs and smelled the tacos, my stomach fluttering.

Smiling, I thought about how he's been so caring, making sure I ate 3 to 4 meals a day, occasionally he'll rub my swollen feet and would give me saltines if I felt sick. Alyx took some down time away from the pack so we could watch movies and get to know eachother. Alaric and Jaxon understood that he wanted to relax with me since he never really got to because of the Lycans.

In 2 weeks I found out that he spelled his name as 'Alyxzander' and not 'Alexander' like I had assumed and that he took an interest in comedic movies rather than horror like myself and hockey. Lots of hockey and football.

He walked in holding a huge plate of mouth watering tacos. My stomach growled at the sight, we both heard it and laughed.

"Since I don't speak Portuguese, I have no idea what y'all were talking about," Alyx handed me a taco while taking a bite into one himself.

I bit my lip, "Allie wasn't too happy about Sebastian being with her."

"She didn't sound like she was in a very good mood when she demanded to speak with you," He rubbed the back of his neck. "She knows why you asked him to, right?"

"She just doesn't like surprises, but she'll eventually get over it." In that moment I debated on telling him what I saw in my vision of her and Sebastian. I wasn't sure if it already happened or not.

Later that night after we ate and talked, I had gotten so sleepy and asked if we could lay in bed. Alyx smiled at me when we both got undressed and into our pajamas to lay down, "Would you want to teach our baby Portuguese?" He was rubbing my stomach, his hand feeling like an oven because of his body temperature.

"I'd have to teach you some things so you won't be oblivious to our future conversations," I laughed and slapped his hand away. The part he rubbed tickled and he grinned at me.

"You're ticklish?" I didn't get to answer because he immediately started tickling my ribs.

I erupted into fits of laughter and flew to the other side of the room. Sometimes I'm not aware of my own strength and speed! I forget that I'm strong enough to knock a 20 foot tree down.

Alyx was smiling at me, his beautiful hazel green eyes looked carefree and relaxed.

I felt a faint flutter in my lower abdomen and frowned, placing my hand there.

"Are you ok?"

I wasn't looking up at him, but down at my stomach. "I felt... movement?" It was a feeling I haven't felt before, it being completely foreign to me. Lately, I've only been feeling cramps because of the rapid growth of the baby, this time was different. The movement was so small, but felt like something flipped in my lower abdomen.

Alyx was coming towards me and got down on his knees to place his ear where my hand used to be. He did that often whenever he wanted to hear the baby's heartbeat directly.

With shaky hands, I closed my eyes and rubbed his head with a smile on my face.

***