29. An Emotional Blow

Baze

***

I never felt pure anger before in my life. The kind of anger that made me damn near black out if I didn't have it under control. When I was human, or lived as though, I never felt such anger before. The only time I ever got pissed was when I found out how crappy the guys Allie dated were.

Before I, regretfully, grabbed the girl that Alyx called Alyssa by the neck and slammed her into the ground, I was trying to get through to Shane. He was standing next to the table of food, my excuse to be near him was to fill up my cup with more lemonade. He had just finished his conversation with Bernard, one of the fighters that I remembered turned into a light gray wolf with the one black paw on his back leg that looked like a sock when I began to speak.

"Alyx knows," I was filled with glee.

Shane side eyed me, "Congratulations."

I scowled then looked down in disappointment. He was acting so cold towards me, the only time he seemed to care was when the chandelier shattered in the kitchen. He was quick to cover me from the glass that took DC hours to take out of him from what Roxana told me.

After a moment, he said, "I'm sorry."

My eyes stayed glued to my cup of lemonade.

"I shouldn't have acted like that. It was just hard to hear."

"What was?" He avoided my gaze and just downed his drink.

"Hearing that you and Alyx made things official," There was strong emotion in his blue orbs as he continued. "Hearing that it's too late--" Was the last thing I heard him say when Alyssa started to cause a scene.

When I threw her to the ground, she gasped in surprise and some of the pack helped her up, their eyes filled with caution on me. She was 2 feet or so deep in the ground. Dirt had covered her shirt and jeans as she wriggled her way out.

Anger vibrated through me and before anyone could say anything, the LED lights and lanterns around began to explode. The people near each one shrieked and fled the area while the glass from the bulb shaped LED lights shattered like a cloud of sharp dust.

After the destruction of the decorative lights, everyone looked at each other in shock and horror.

No one understood what caused it, no one considered that the vampire-witch hybrid freak lost control of her powers, again.

The anger that vibrated through me practically decimated as I looked around. Shane gave me a knowing look, the incident of the kitchen chandelier being identical to this one.

"Baze?" The all too familiar deep voice called out to me.

Before Alyx could get a hold of my hand I made my way into the house through the back door with quick speed. I ended up taking a spot on the couch in the den on the second floor, my eyes threatening to unleash tears in frustration.

I can't believe I got violent in front of everyone! They won't see it as me defending myself because they don't know me! It's only natural for them to take sides with their pack member and not the hybrid that isn't even supposed to exist!