16. No Shame

Sebastian

***

"What did you do to our dearest little niece for her to snatch the car door off?" I turned to look at Veronica, "Piero's lips are sealed tight."

"Don't worry about it, we have bigger problems than a car door."

"Sebastian," she called.

Sighing, I continued to flip through our call logs.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to reach out to someone that is good with locating anyone," By how stiff V got, I could tell she knew exactly who I was talking about.

"You are not going to contact him."

Pausing, I looked at her. The person I was flipping through our call logs for had history with her, the reason behind her private aircraft crashing. The man we were referring to was human when he and V dated back in the 20's. He had done something behind her back with another woman so I sabotaged their flight, knowing she would survive and he wouldn't. The thought of her stupidly turning him when he was on the brink of death didn't cross my mind. She broke her promise to him after knowing what he did when the other woman visited him at the hospital claiming to be his true love.

"We don't have time for unnecessary grudges. This threat is real and now we have a lot more to lose." We could not only lose our front porch from a fight like Alyxzander's brother, but our niece who may not have the same healing capabilities as us.

"Bash, the way we left things..."

"That happened decades ago. You could always ignore him or crash his flight after he helps us to blow off some steam."

"Hey, I just got off the phone with Alaric, they are ready for us," Cole had slipped through my study door, holding his phone out.

Veronica and I were still looking at each other, unblinking. She didn't want to make it a big deal in front of Cole, but I wasn't stepping down from this. We needed help from Stephan whether she liked it or not. They haven't spoken in so long that it would be insane not to contact him for help when he knows how to track anyone.

"Am I interrupting something?" Cole asked, awkwardly.

V dusted off her skirt and cleared her throat, "No. You guys can head on out there--"

"You aren't coming with?"

"No," She answered Cole, still staring at me.

"Why is that?" I was getting irritated by her nonsense. "You, Tyler and the others went on the trip to get the information. You will come even if I have to drag you kicking and screaming."

"Ok, I'm most definitely interrupting something."

V didn't say anything and just rushed out the room.

"What was that about?" Cole had gel in his hair and was dressed up in a button up shirt and jeans. I'm used to the girls being all dolled up, but him?

He caught my gaze and popped his collar, "I look good, don't I?"

"Who are you trying to impress?"