28. Our Pack

Dedicated to sweetassmoffo ;*

She suggested a double update !

***

Baze

***

"Alyx?" I called, confused as to why he was staring at the dining table. I wasn't gone for that long and as he could see, if he turned around, I was perfectly fine.

Slowly walking up to him, I placed my hand on his shoulder. When he turned around, my smile began to fade the more he stared at me.

Alyx's eyes darkened into a copper color when he lowered his gaze to my stomach.

I was too afraid to make a move and waited for him to.

He suddenly dropped down to his knees with his eyes still lowered to my abdomen just before he moved his head, placing his ear there. I felt glued to the floor as he closed his eyes, a peaceful look covering his face as he wrapped his arms around me.

Thinking about that moment in the mansion made my chest warm. Alyx didn't speak in the dining room after I ate the food in the kitchen, he gently grabbed my hand and guided me out to his truck that was parked out front in the circular driveway. His expression wasn't readable when I caught a glance of his face when he opened the car door. I'm not sure how Sebastian told him or if he scolded him. I couldn't hear much that was going down on the first floor like I could somewhat at Alyx's house. The delicious chicken Sebastian made didn't reach my nose until I entered the same area they were in.

I thought about Veronica and Rein's clothes, how they offered to give some to me and Tyler wanting me to choose a room on the same floor as them if I ever wanted to sleep over there.

"I'm sure you would want a break from the Fores pack," Tyler giggled. It was meant to be a joke, but I couldn't help feel that she was being a little bit serious.

Rein and Tyler don't have boldly shaped eyes like Sebastian and Veronica do. Tyler is just as tall as her, around 5'10 with long sandy blonde hair. Tyler's left eye is green while the right eye is blue, it was barely noticeable until the florescent lights in the hallways touched them.

Rein on the other hand is shorter, almost my height of 5'5. She's fond of wearing all black that matched her shiny black hair, it contrasting with her porcelain skin.

"You have Jonah's eyes!" Rein smiled at me, holding my hands. Hers were cold, but she's very warm in nature despite her gothic style and temperature.

Veronica knew that I'm pregnant and the whole time I spoke to the girls I wondered if they knew but decided to keep the topic off the table...

Now that Alyx knew the pressure of telling him was gone, the pressure of the rest of his pack finding out and their reaction continued to worry me.

Shane had gotten upset with me when I told him, what if...?

Alyx grabbed my hand as if sensing my negative thoughts. His large, warm hand engulfed mine and my heart sped up when our eyes met. The glance was just that, a glance, but spoke a thousand words.

"I'm sorry."

Alyx shook his head as if telling me not to be even though he probably didn't know exactly what I'm apologizing for.