20. Back For Blood

Baze

***

Everything hurt. My arms, my legs, they all felt like they were on fire. I didn't move in fear that more bursts of pain would spread all throughout my body, my head aching the most.

From what I can remember, it was the main part that had took the impact of the van.

How could I have been so stupid not to see that van?

The car screeching before everything turned black recalled at the front of my mind. I didn't know if I was at Alyx's house or he actually took me to the hospital and they found out that I--we weren't human and I was on the table of some scientist that drugged me so they could dissect me like some frog.

I took a deep breath and groaned in pain.

"Baze?"

I heard my name, but wasn't able to register who it came from. I was overwhelmed by pain and wasn't ready to open my eyes, afraid of what I could wake up to.

Hell, that everything that happened was a dream and I got hit looking for Sofia who wasn't sleeping and eating at Alyx's house.

"Baze? Can you hear me?" This voice was deeper. Male.

"Yes," I managed to mumble my answer with dryness, my throat feeling like sandpaper when I swallowed.

"She needs blood."

I nodded my head, wanting blood.

Someone's hands lifted me up and stroked my back while something warm touched my lips.

"Open up."

I opened my eyes and saw Allie, Sebastian, Veronica and finally Alyx.

"Hey," I felt strong enough to hold the mug on my own.

"How do you feel?" Allie sat at the edge of Alyx's bed.

"Like I got hit by a van." It was so awkward after I said that, but I just took another drink.

"Well, I'm glad we still have you." When Allie touched my hand everything turned white and pictures began to flash in front of my eyes. I frowned and leaned back until they became clear.

I heard my name being called, but it sounded like the voice was under water.

The pictures were Allie and Sebastian kissing on a bed. It was deep and passionate from what I could see. They were under covers, arms wrapped around each other and... moving.

I shook my head and ran to Alyx's bathroom to throw up the blood I just consumed. I got light headed by how fast I appeared in front of the toilet and spit up more blood.

"What did you see?" Sebastian asked. Veronica and Alyx stood in the bathroom entrance with him, looks of sympathy on their faces while Allie handed me some tissue to wipe my mouth.

"I know why you are sick," Veronica blurted.

"What?" I asked, glancing over to her with half open lids. She had a pale hand over her mouth, the look in her piercing green eyes was concerning.