24. Birds And Bees

Baze

***

Staring in the mirror at my reflection, I noticed not only did my bra feel tight, but it looked tight as well! This is the third bra that couldn't fit me. At this point, I might just go bra-less under a sweatshirt from Alyx's closet.

"This sucks," I grumbled to myself.

I was able to get on one of the computers in Alyx's library and do some research on basic symptoms to know what I should expect during my pregnancy. So far I've experienced tender breasts, nausea and vomiting, not to mention, I've been so tired, lately.

Sighing, I looked at the clock. I have a few hours before the party and still hadn't eaten yet.

You're eating for 2.

In my reflection my stomach still appeared flat, but when I touched it, it's as hard as a rock. My mind went to how fast the baby must be growing and the toll it would've taken on my body if I was human.

"Baze?"

I quickly covered myself then relaxed when I saw Allie's face and a peak of her fiery red hair behind the door.

"Oh, thank God."

"Yea, I've noticed your boobies have gotten bigger since the last time I saw you," She closed the door behind her and laughed at my expression.

"It has been a little over a year."

Allie smiled sadly at me and held my hands before sitting on the bed, "How did you know where the guest room is? The house is huge, you must've checked everywhere."

"Alyxzander told me," her eyes narrowed. "Or should I say your boyfriend?" She finished with a brow raised.

Tugging on the sweater I threw on when she came in, I struggled to speak and just took a seat next to her on the bed. "It's a lot more than that." Leaning back, she nodded for me to elaborate. "Allie, he's my mate."

She stayed silent, but the look she gave me told me that she knew what that meant. Allie laughed a little in surprise, her eyes were on the floor as if looking for an explanation, but seemingly not from me. Maybe from the universe?

"I know, it's a shock, especially given my current status of immortality." She didn't respond, just squeezed my hand and hugged me.

It was nice to have Allie back, she was always there for me and to be robbed of that for a year was hard. Finally knowing the reason why she left, I was more than happy to hug her back and even teared up a little.

She noticed me sniffling, "Aw, Baze."

"I'm sorry, I just really missed you." Accepting the tissue she gave me to wipe my eyes, I continued, "With my world spiralling out of control the past week or so... I'm glad it brought you back to me."

She silently agreed and rubbed my shoulder. "I didn't know about the adoption, but regardless you are my sister and I'm here for you. Especially now that my team is in intermission, we don't have any more assignments as of now."

"Is it because of the fight?"

She nodded, "Yea. Lycans aren't really prowling around, or at least not here. There's more teams out in different countries that will keep an eye out. The 63 Lycans that were killed by the Fores pack were the largest amount we've seen in almost 5 decades according to the Council."