Chapter 18

Amanda P.O.V

Walking in the dark night so close to the ocean I find it soothing, the sweet salty breeze hitting my face relaxes me. The cool sand under my feet is comforting. Tonight is just perfect, I smile as I walk along the shoreline.

I take a deep breathe and I feel even more relaxed, the breeze making my hair float behind my back. I smile even more, I feel relaxed...free!

Its been a while since I feel this way, as if I were free. Which Im not I know that, but pretending I am taking a normal walk in the beach at night as if nothing is happening, as if Nick were waiting for me to get back from the argument we just had, as if he were waiting for me to come back home to find him with a small present, as if he were waiting for me to say how sorry he was.

I smiled more and pretended that was the reason I was walking in the beach this late at night. Nick would be home right now, anxious for my arrival, and he hasnt come looking for me because he doesnt know where I am but he knows I'll be back soon. Its not long before I calm down.

I'll get back home in a while and he'll be mad at first that I left for so long but then I'll remind him that if he hadnt made me mad then I wouldnt have left, and then he'll laugh and he'll start making jokes and eventually end up making me laugh and then he'll kiss me and say how much he loves me and he'll be adorably sweet with me for the next couple of hours until he feels that Im completely done being mad, then he'll start joking again and start teasing.

I wiped a tear that fell from my eye down my cheek, it hurt to remember those memories, it hurt to know that I wouldnt go home, that it was all in my imagination. That I really am not here because I just had an argument with Nick.

I sighed and hugged myself walking more slower enjoying this moment of privacy that I had. I gulped and tried not to think of Nick, but I missed him. I miss Nick so much it's starting to get ridiculous! I mean, can you really miss a person so much you actually start imagining them?

In front of me I see Nick, he's standing right there a couple of feet away from me. He' not wearing his SWAT uniform, he's wearing simple jeans and a blue hoodie, he has on simple vans not his combat boots like he usually wears. His hair is down this time, not all messy "I just got out of bed" hair he usually has, today is just down, and it look perfect!

He looks so cute under the moonlight, so handsome, so adorable.

His smile is making me grow hypnotized. I smile as I see him, I want to go to him, but I keep my pace slow and calm, I know if I go to him he will simply walk further away from me, or he'll dissapear and I honestly prefer to see him.

I blinked and he was suddenly gone, I smiled to myself and shook my head in amusement ignoring the tear that had fallen down my cheek. Sometimes I did that, I pretended I could see Nick, sometimes I pretended so much I actually believed it and when I would blink and he was suddenly gone I would grow surprised and remember he's not here.

I would remember he's not here with me, and I am actually being held hostage in the house of a very powerful sex trader. A criminal who is currently recovering from being shot right above the heart.

I sighed and kept walking enjoying this moment.

As I walked along the water I couldnt help but start wondering again. Wondering how my parents where, how my mom was coping, how dad was? How my Nick was, how was that boy? Was he alright? Was he eating and sleeping well? I hope he is, I dont want him worrying much about me. I  mean technically Im okay! Technically you could  say Im fine.

I mean, I have nothing to whine about. It could be worse! Thats for sure. Being here isnt so bad, I have a bit of freedom and I'm not getting raped every hour of my life so I guess you could say Im fine.