Chapter 20

Nick P.O.V

"I dont want to hear it Julie!" I said angrily walking away from her. "Come on Nick it's your 22nd birthday! We have to celebrate" she insisted.

I clenched my teeth and took a deep breath turning around just before I went inside my room, "Julie, seriously I really do appreciate it that you want to celebrate my birthday but the truth is....I dont want to go out and celebrate! I cant just please..understand that!" I said trying to not yell at her.

"Nick, I know what you'r going through is hard! I know that you want to continue searching for Amanda but please just please take this ONE night to go out and....distract yourself! Just this one night!" Julie whined grabbing my arm and shaking me.

I groaned "Julie please! Understand that I CANT go out and celebrate knowing my girlfriend is KIDNAPPED!" I yelled at her. She frowned and crossed her arms "We all know that Nick! But it wont kill you to just distract yourself for a few hours!" she said raising her voice also.

"I DONT WANT TO DISTRACT MYSELF! I WANT TO FIND MANDY!" I yelled.

"SHE WOULD'VE WANTED YOU TO GO OUT AND CELEBRATE NICK! SHE WOULDNT WANT YOU TO BE ALL DEPRESSED ON THIS DAY!" Julie screamed back.

"DONT TALK ABOUT HER AS IF SHE WERE DEAD JULIE!" I yelled.

Julie opened her mouth to protest but she closed it and took a deep breath putting her hands together in a praying position, "Nicholas, just please Nicholas, lets not argue about this!" Julie pleaded.

I frowned and crossed my arms "I am not the one arguing!" I snapped. "Well you'r the one who started yelling!" she shot back. "That was you!" I said angrily.

"Well-" she started but she was cut off by my phone ringing. I sighed, it was probably my mom or dad calling to check on me again. I turned to Julie and gave her another frown before turning around and closing the door entering my room.

"WE ARE NOT DONE WITH THIS CONVERSATION!" Julie yelled through the door making me roll my eyes and check my phone.

Unknown number

I sighed and answered deciding it was probably one of my friends or another relative.

"Hello?" I said, the other end was silent and I checked my phone again wondering if this was a prank call. Prank calls usually amused me but this time I was in no mood for a damn prank call!

"Hello?" I repeated getting a bit impatient at the other dead end. I heard what seemed like static and I frowned wondering if this was a stupid call from Steven or Chris and they would shout in any second or something like that.

"Hello? Who is this?" I said again one last time. No one answered so I hung up throwing the phone on my bed and rubbing my tired eyes. I had to start sleeping more if I wanted to go on a 18 hour shift, there was no way I would be able to pull it off but for Mandy I would be able to do it! If I slept six hours and ate at work I would be able to do it.

Amanda, my Mandy...How was my adorable angel? I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed putting my head in my hands, I missed her, I missed her like nothing else in the world! Today more than any other day, today was my birthday and I was used to seeing her happy smile waking me up saying Happy Birthday Old man! Or something along those lines.

My phone rang again and I looked at it irritated, I grabbed it and answered sighing.

"Hello?" I answered again.

No answer, again!

"Hello?" I repeated more impatient, who the hell was prank calling now? This early?