Chapter 19

Vanessa-

I am currently in the car with Apollo going to the warehouse. His left hand is on the wheel & his other hand is on my thigh. All I feel right now is anger. Mario really sent someone to kill me for no reason. Apollo parks his car & I unbuckle my seat belt, quickly stepping out of the car.

"Princessa!" Apollo shouts from behind & I turn around.

"What?"

"Calm down amor. He'll easily get under your skin if he knows you're angry. Show him that you're unbothered & calm. That son of a Bitch loves to play mind games." I nod & I take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves.

"I am bothered. He shot Leo." I sigh in frustration.

"I know, we all are but don't let him see that." I nod. He grabs my hand & we walk inside. The men inside nod at us & Apollo nods. We make our way downstairs to the basement & I hear screaming.

"Pendejo! You shot my fucking nephew." I hear the familiar female voice. Rosa Valentino.

We stand in front of a cellar door & Apollo opens it, Lino sits in chair bleeding with bruises & cuts everywhere. His left eye is swollen shut & one of his legs are gone. Half of his face is burned, his skin falling off.

"Madre that's enough." She turns around & her green eyes are dark, filled with pure anger.

"What is she doing here? She doesn't need to see this Hijo." She says, walking over to me & pulls me into a hug.

"It's okay, I asked to come." I say, & she pulls away staring at me with a risen eyebrow. She smiles proudly & nods. I look around & notice multiple men standing in the corners of the cell with blank faces.

"Tios, this is Vanessa. Mi reina." Apollo introduces & I wave, they nod.
My queen

"We have heard a lot about you. You are a very beautiful & unique woman." One the men speak up & I thank him. I hear a chuckle & we all turn our heads, staring at the man in the chair.

"What's funny?" I ask, I feel my anger rise up.

"You. How's Leonardo?" He chuckles & spits blood on the ground. Apollo releases my hand & I walk over to him, kicking him in the jaw. I grab him by his collar & repeatedly punch him in the face. I hear a bone break & smile. He screams in pain.

"Let me make something clear to you Bitch, you will never get the chance to say his name ever again." I say & as I'm about to punch him in the throat, Apollo grabs my arm stopping me.

"Princessa, don't kill him. We need information." Apollo says & I nod, backing away.

"You got yourself a good one nephew." A muscular man, speaks. He has a buzz cut & his eyes are two different colors, grey & green. He's taller than a Apollo, probably by an inch or 2. His neck is covered by tattoos & so is his hands.

He holds out his hand & I hesitate. I look at Apollo & he nods. I shake the man's hand & he smiles.

"I'm Mateo Valentino. Nice to meet you dear." He speaks smoothly & I nod.

"Now, I suggest you leave because things are going to get messy, dear. I wouldn't want to traumatize a young & pretty girl like you." He chuckles & I shake my head.

"Princessa listen to what my uncle says, things are g-" Apollo is cut off by Lino's screams. I turn around & I find one of Lino's arm detached from his body. Mateo wipes the blood off his face & throws Lino's arm to the corner of the room.