Chapter 8: When Will My Husband Return From War???

Hai guys, I'm sorry that I haven't been updating but here is another chapter! I really hope you enjoy! :) x

___________________________________________________

Iris' P.O.V.

8:30 a.m.

I woke up to a nurse shaking me to wake up and Preston waiting for me to get out of this stupid hospital. "Hey" I happily say to him as he passes me a change of clothes and my converse. "Good morning" he responds as I enter the washroom. He brought me a tie-dye crop top with black leggings and I slip on my converse bringing my hair up into a bun. Preston's eyes go wide when he sees me and I look down at my feet blushing. "You look absolutely beautiful" he mumbles. I blush even more and we follow the nurse to the main desk to check me out of this hospital.

I sign the release forms faster than I thought and we were now in Preston's car driving away from the hospital. The song riptide comes on the radio and I begin to mentally fangirl and sing to the lyrics quietly.

"I was scared of dentist and the dark,

I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations

Oh, all my friends are turning green

You're the magician's assistant in their dreams...

ooOOOh ooOOOhh, and they come unstuck

Lady, running down to the riptide

Taken away to the dark side

I want to be your left hand man

I love you,

When you're singing that song and

I got a lump in my throat

'Cause you're gonna sing the words wrong"

This song never fails to cheer me up, the vibes from this song are just so.... Chill. No? Okay. We arrive at my house and walk in. "Iris Marie Russett" I hear my mother say walking out of the living room. Well shit, I guess I'm dead. "Hi mom" I whisper and take my shoes off. "Where the hell were you the past few days?!?" she asks concerned and angry at the same time. Before I could respond Preston talks for me "Kind of a long story, but basically she couldn't breathe from the rude tweets she has received, so I don't mean to be rude but I suggest that you may go easy on her for a few days as well". That sounded really over protective but I can find myself grinning and walking upstairs.

 She nods and backs off to her own business. Preston follows me and we enter my room and both plop down on my queen sized bed. I feel an awkward silence between us so I grab a scarf and wrap it around my head and go up to window and dramatically say "WHEN WIL MY HUSBAND RETURN FROM WARRR?!?!". He gives me a weird look and starts bursting into laughter. (A/N Bless your soul if you know what Youtuber I got that from) "I know, I'm great" I say flipping my hair and lying back down beside him.

"So what do want to do?" he asks turning his head to me. I turn my head as well to face him as well. Our faces are a few inches away from each other and I get lost in his dark brown eyes. A few minutes later we both look away smiling but I respond to his question "Paintballing?". He gets up right away and grabs my hand and run out the door back into his car. Great, I just got home and we are leaving again.