Chapter 14: The realization

Author's POV

Krist woke up earlier than usual. His whole body hurts because of what they did, but he didn't mind. Because it somehow made him forget about the fight that he had with his mother. He knows that what he did was wrong. But then he also got hurt with what his mother had told him. He was at the side of the bed, massaging his head. Thinking on how he can approach his mom. Then Singto hugged him. 

"Good morning."
"Good morning."
"Why did you wake up so early?"
"I was still thinking of what happened yesterday."
"You want to have some morning-"
"No. I don't want to have a morning sex, okay?"
"Well, I was not gonna say morning sex but morning walk. But sex is fine with me."
"Shut up. I said no."

Krist was embarrassed. And Singto find it funny that his partner turned red. Singto stood up and kneel in front of him. 

"Hey, You want to have breakfast first?"
"Not really."
"You need to eat. You have work today."
"I don't think I want to go. Do you have any work today?"
"I do."
"Can I come with you?"
"That would be fine by me but I think your boss, which happens to be my friend won't like that. He might think you are not serious about the internship."
"It's not like that."
"I know. How about this. Just go to work today. I'll finish up everything at work as fast as I could then I'll pick you up. We could have dinner together. I'll book a good place."
"That sounds nice. But do you think it's okay for me not to talk to my mom right now. She must be really mad at me right now."
"I talked to her. She is not mad but she felt guilty and disappointed at herself. She told you before that she had no rights to or say in our relationship but she did it anyway. I also told her that at least give you a day or two."
"You really did talk to them."
"Of course. She kept saying sorry to me. But I told her it's fine."
"What???? So you are just fine that she is questioning our relationship?"
"That's not what I mean. But you know I also have a mom. I know that she gets hurt a lot every time she would scold us or if we get mad at them."
"But this is different. She was never really a mom to me for the past years."
"I understand that. But here is the thing. Parents sometimes do things that they think is the best now knowing that they can hurt us. It was never their intention though. It just turned out that way. Right now she is acting like that because she wants to get involved in your life. Make up for all those years that she was not able to be a mom to you. She is trying her best. So I want you to give her a chance to be a mom."

Krist didn't say anything. He understands what Singto is saying but he just got hurt too much. Singto hugs him and went out to get some breakfast. Krist was left alone thinking again if he would meet his mom right now or tomorrow. While waiting for Singto. He received a call from Gunsmile.

"Hey Krist."
"Why call so early in the morning?"
"This is about one of our juniors in the archery team."
"Who?"
"Bone."
"What about him?"
"His mom passed away last night. Everyone decided to help him in his  mom's funeral later today. I've talked to Fluke already. So I can just pick you up a little later so you can prepare first."

Krist was shocked by the news. Bone is one of the funny guy in the archery team. And in the archery team he treats everyone as his family already. He immediately went to the bathroom to take a shower. 

"Krist. I'm back."
"P' I'm not going to work today."
"I told you that-"
"Bone's mother had passed away. We decided to help him in his mom's funeral."
"Shoot. Alright then. I can drop you off there or maybe I can go with you."
"No need P. Gunsmile is going to pick me up."
"Alright then."

Singto helped Krist to choose some clothes for the funeral. After a while Gunsmile arrived.