Chapter 15: Happy family

Author's POV

Morning came and Krist woke up early. He didn't have that much time to sleep since he was helping Bone during his mom's wake. Krist immediately went to shower and after that he opened his closet to check for some clothes. Krist is acting like someone who is going on a date for the first time because he can't choose what clothes to wear. Then Singto went closer to him to hug him from the back. 

"Good morning. Can't choose what to wear?"
"Yes. I wanted to look presentable. You should look presentable too."
"Don't worry about me."
"How can I not worry? Remember that me and my mom got an argument because she thinks i deserve someone better."
"Don't worry. We have talked already and she likes me."

Singto smiled at him. And Krist just shook his head. After choosing what clothes to wear. They were about to go out of their place but then Krist stopped. 

"Krist what's wrong?"
"Just nervous."
"Don't be."
"But I. I-I just don't know how to say sorry. And how I can make her understand about us."
"Don't think too much. She is okay with us. Just relax. She is your mom."
"How about we go a bit later? or in the evening."
"We told her that we are going to arrive early. Remember?"
"We can call her to let her know."
"No."

Singto called star to make Krist relax. But seems like it is not making him feel relax.

"Ei Krist. Look at Star. He is worried about you. He is trying his best to cheer you up."
"I'm sorry star. I just feel nervous."

Star just continued playing with Krist. Then after a couple of minutes. Krist stood up and told Singto that he is ready to leave. They both kissed Star and then they left. After driving for a while they have reached Krist's parents house. Krist kept on rubbing his hands, and Singto notices this. He held Krist hands right away.

"Relax. Don't think too much."
"What if we get awkward. I mean we just fought 2 days ago. "
"The sooner you mend with your mom the better. So this is the right thing to do."
"Okay."

Singto asked him to take a deep breath to calm down. And he followed. They honk the car horns to let them know they have arrived and the gates opened. While driving towards the main door. They saw everyone there except for his mom. Krist felt a bit sad not seeing his mother waiting for him. He went down from the car and Mint immediately hugs him.

"Uncle. You are here."
"Yes."

He said in a rather sad and disappointed voice. Krist's father immediately hugged him and whispered. 

"Don't be upset. Your mom is inside. She has been preparing your food that's why she is not here waiting for you. She wants to make sure that you are able to eat your favorite food."

"Really?"
"Yes. So go on. Go inside"

Krist walked inside and everyone followed. Krist slowly check the kitchen and his mother was there. His mom is cooking. She is preparing a lot of food. It looked like a feast. Krist was just looking at his mom. His mom noticed him and smiled. His mom opened her arms and Krist ran towards her. Krist was very happy and he is crying as well.

"My son. Why are you crying?"
"I'm just sorry about what I did. I didn't mean to say those things. I was just hurt."
"I understand. And I am sorry too. I shouldn't have asked you to live a normal life. You are having a normal life now and you are happy. I think seeing you with him make you the happiest. I guess I was just a little jealous that he can made you so happy. So I'm really sorry."
"Don't be jealous of him. My love for you is as special as my love for him."
"Ahahaha. You really are the cheesy type of person."
"Maaa."
"I was just kidding."

They both laugh. Singto and the others are just watching them from a far. And they were also happy.