Chapter 9

A/N - this one's 500 words longer than usual! I'm so happy I've got the time amd motivation to be writing again

T/W - brief mention of suicide and description of a panic attack are in here. The first part is only one sentence and it's italicized if you're able to skip that or just skip the chapter, if anyone wants me to summarize it I will

Dreams POV

   I walked into the kitchen rubbing my temples, the hangover from the night before drawing me in forwater. Sapnap tended to sleep in on Saturdays so I was surprised to find him already pouring a bowl of cereal. I decided to ignore him and make my way over to grab a clean cup.

   “Your friend was pretty upset when he left last night.” Sapnap says sarcastically.

   “He wasn’t a friend.”

   “Sorry,” he rolls his eyes, “your hookup. That better?”

   “I think that would require us to have slept together.” 

   “You brought a guy home, both of you were drunk and didn’t sleep with him?”

   I sigh, “Why do you think he was upset? I changed my mind after I got home.”

   “Why?” He presses.

   “None of your business. I just didn’t want to sleep with him.”

   “Dream,” I look away as Sap looks me in the eyes, “I’m your best friend. You’ve never brought someone home and kicked them out.”

   “Well maybe he just wasn’t what I wanted,” I glared.

   “Then what do you want?”

   “None. of. Your. business. Don’t you have a boyfriend to go back to anyway?”

   Sapnap looked taken aback, the same hurt look I saw yesterday, “Why are you so concerned about my relationship lately?”

   “I just think you two should focus on your relationship, not fucking me,” and I’d rather push you away then get heartbroken.

   “Dream, I told you yesterday,” He looks at me with an unreadable expression, “George and I are more than okay. Can you please tell me what's really wrong?”

   “I just told you Sap. There's nothing else.”

   “Okay,” He starts to walk away, “After George wakes up we have to talk.”

   I’m left alone in the kitchen, walking over to the sink and filling the cup I’d been holding the whole time. I take a sip from it and lean against the counter weighing my options. What would they even want to talk to me about anyway? They probably want to scold me for being a bad friend, and I couldn’t blame them for that, I really was.

   I make my way back to my room, quietly passing by Sapnaps room, not wanting to prematurely wake George. Maybe if I lock my door and avoid the duo I can avoid the conversation together. It wasn’t a surprise I was losing my best friends, but I really didn’t want to hear it from them.

   Falling onto my bed I pull out my phone, notifications flood my vision, missed calls and text messages from whoever I’d been with the night before. I couldn’t even remember his name, all I’d been thinking about was my friends. I unlocked my phone to see messages from an unknown number as well, probably the guy's friend, both were calling me names like whore and slut. I did my best to not let it get to me, I hadn’t slept with him, or anyone else since George and Sapnap got all over me, I knew those things weren’t true.