Chapter 11

T/W - George says one sentence not long after Dream reads Sapnaps texts that implies attempted suicide

Dreams POV

   I woke up in an unfamiliar bed, surrounded by blue sheets. The smell of a familiar citrus perfume invades my senses and I sit up to find myself in George's room. My head feels like it's splitting open causing me to let out a groan and grab my skull.

   "I've got some aspirin here if you'd like it," George stands in the doorway with a small smile on his face, "There's water next to you."

   "Thank you," I tried to smile back. George makes his way over and hands me the bottle. Feeling the bed shift and he sits down I grab the glass of water, "Why am I here?"

   He shrugs, "you were drunk and called me."

   "Why didn't you just bring me home though?"

   "Sapnap," George's smile drops, "well we had an argument last night and he said something hurtful. You called me as I was leaving so I just took you here."

   "Oh, I'm sorry."

   He doesn't respond and silence fills the air. I set the glass down and find my phone charging next to it. Picking it up, I find multiple missed calls and texts from Sapnap.

   Idiot
   Answer the phone, are you okay?? - 12 am

   Seriously, I may be upset at your but I need to know you're safe - 12:30 am

   Jack says George picked you up - 1:13 am

   I'm glad you're okay - 1:14 am

  When you see this can you tell George to call me? I want to tell him I'm sorry - 1:20 am

   "George?" I tentatively ask, not knowing if he wants to talk.

   He hums in response, "yeah?"

   "What did Sap say? What were you fighting about?" George squints at me, "Sorry, you don't have to tell me. I know you're upset between me and him, but he's asking me to ask you to call, I want to know if I need to beat him-"

   "It's okay, we were fighting about you honestly," me? Fuck, I didn't want to get in the middle of their relationship like this, "not about what you said, or did, just that I was worried about you and Sap said not to be. He was going on about how you hurt us by not letting us tell you how we feel, and I said you'd come to us eventually. He um, well he brought up how I didn't tell anyone when I tried- when I-"

   "You don't have to say it, I know what you mean," I try to smile again."

   "Thank you. But he brought that up to try and prove you might not ever let us give you our response. So I walked out."

   "I-" 

   “It’s not your fault,” I gave him a confused look, “You were going to apologise because you think you caused it. But it’s not your fault Dream, Sap and I could’ve handled it better.” 

   I look down at my hands, “You wouldn’t have been stressed if I hadn’t run off though.”

   “Dream,” George brought his hand up to make me look at him, “Sapnap and I weren’t clear with our intentions in the first place, we made you second guess our feelings towards you, that's not your fault. Yes, you could’ve done something different than yelling at us and leaving, but you were scared.”

   “What were your intentions?” Our friendship can’t get better if I never let them turn me down first.

   “I’d love to tell you, but I think Sapnap deserves to be there for it.”