Chapter 10

A/N - I apologise for how short this

T/W - fighting, implied suicide attempt reference, Sapnaps a bitch (you can blame my friend for this, it told me to have more angst instead of making it a good chapter)

George's POV

   "Stop pacing George," Sapnap groans from his place on the couch, "I don't think he'll be home anytime soon. Probably with someone."

   "He couldn't even sleep with the last guy, I don't think he's with anyone else."

   "Whatever, he's an ass anyway."

   "Sap!" I snap at him, "He's our best friend."

   He shrugs, "So? He's kind of a shit friend."

   "He's hurt," I run a hand through my hair, "I'm not excusing his attitude, it wasn't great, but he'd just had a panic attack, he was trying to protect himself."

   "He didn't let us talk!"

   "And you abandoned us when your dad found out about shit last year."

   "Don't," He glares at me, "that's different."

   "How? You were trying to protect yourself just like he is."

   "He won't let us help."

   "You didn't either!" I sound breathless, "I didn't even know what was going on until you were kicked out! Just give Dream time, he'll come to us eventually."

   "You didn’t want anyone to help either!” I’m taken aback by his accusation, “You didn’t come to anyone, you were forced because your mom found out.”

   “Thats- what the fuck Sapnap-” Why was that brought up? “You’re an asshole. Things getting worse because you left me is not the same. I was already being watched before I tried anything.”

   “Well you still didn’t tell anyone, Who says he’ll ever try to come to us.”

   I stare at him in disbelief, “I’m leaving.”

   “George-”

   “Tell me when Dream gets home,” I whisper, already putting my shoes on, “I’d still like to know he's okay.”

   By the time I’m out the door my phone is ringing, I glare assuming Sap is trying to call instead of coming after me. When I go to decline I see Dreams' contact staring back at me, reluctantly I answer, unsure what he wants.

   “George,” His voice slurs, “Sap didn’t answer.”

   “Of course he didn't,” I said, “Are you drunk?”

   He giggled, “Yes, can you pick me up, Jack won’t let me drive.”

   “You can’t just spend the night there?”

   “Noo,” Dream whines, “I want to be with you and Sapnap.”

   “What about just me?” I offer, “We can go back to my place and take care of you there. Sapnap has some work to finish.”

   “Okayy.”

   “I’m going to hang up, I’ll see you when I get there.”

   “Be quick Georgie, I want to see you.”

   I throw my phone into the passenger seat, starting the car. Jack's place isn't far from Dreams, and its not long until I’m pulling into the driveway. Jack’s party was last night, but I’m still amazed at the lack of cars on the street, if Dream was drunk I figured he had at least a few other friends over.

   I walk slowly to the door, taking a deep breath before knocking. Jack is the one to answer, and he smiles sadly at me, “Hey George.”

   “Hey Jack, is Dream okay.”

   “He's out of it. Said he told you and Sap how he felt yesterday?”

   “Yeah,” I say softly, “He had a panic attack over a text message and we came in to help, he confessed and kicked us out before we could respond.”

   “How do you feel?”

   “About Dream?” He nods, “Sap and I have been trying to let him know we want him for a while now. Maybe not in the best way since he got the wrong impression.”

   “So you feel the same way?”

   “Of course.”

   "Stay with him tonight," he says, "he's drunk and wants you right now. But tomorrow when he wakes up he'll probably want to leave. You need to tell him how you feel instead."

   "I-" how do I do that without Sapnap? "Okay, we can do that."

   "Perfect," Jack slips back inside, coming back with Dream hanging off his shoulder.

   "Georgie," Dream smiles at me, "you came!"

   "Of course I came, let's get you to bed."