03 | The First Meeting

It took the company a little more than a week to rent a new house, bigger than their current dorm, and furnish it and make it liveable. Today the members and Jina were going to move into the new house. But first, Min-hyuk thought it would be best for them to meet Jina and brief the members a little about her.

The members were all sitting around a square table in one of the company meeting rooms with their manager shuffling through the large pile of papers he had carelessly placed.

While they were all busy chatting away and, on their phones, the expression that Yuta wore was definitely one of utter displeasure.

'Okay, guys', Min-hyuk said, clearing his throat, 'Before she comes here, I thought you should know a little about her.'

Everyone at once kept their phones down.

'Finally! We have been waiting for so long', Taeil said with a sigh and the members nodded in agreement.

'Okay, so her name-'

'Yes, we know Han Jina, what else, what is she like?', Doyoung said impatiently.

Min-hyuk laughed a little. He loved how excited they were and genuinely looking forward to this.

'Patience patience, I'm getting there.' Min-hyuk took out the file he had been searching for from the pile.

'Han Jina, she is 24 years old. She graduated from college three years back. Had a lot of jobs but recently left her previous job to pursue her writing career but hasn't had much luck yet.'

'So, she's unemployed then', sneered Yuta.

'Yuta', 'Hyung', they all said almost in unison.

'We were all unemployed once when pursuing our dream, Yuta', Johnny said calmly.

Min-hyuk now wanted to hurry through this so he continued, 'as I was saying, she hasn't had much luck', he looked at Yuta, 'YET.'

'What else Hyung? What about her family?', Jaehyun asked.

'She has an older brother who is working in the US and is settled there', Min-hyuk replied. He paused for a moment to let it sink in and then continued, 'She has been an exceptionally good student since school and what else... let me see', Min-hyuk trailed off.

'And...' Min-hyuk was looking through other documents, 'That's all the information I have right now.'

'That's it?' Jungwoo clearly wanted more information.

Before Min-hyuk could reply, there was a knock at the door and a staff member peeked his head through the small gap.

'She's here. Can she come in?', the staff member asked.

'You can ask the rest directly from her', Min-hyuk said to Jungwoo and asked the staff member to let her in.

'Guys', he looked around and stopped his gaze at Yuta, 'Be nice.'

From behind the staff member emerged a tiny figure dressed in a black overcoat reaching her knee, hanging loosely on her frame. Her long black hair was tied in a low ponytail. She was wearing a mask that covered her small face and only her brown eyes were visible when she stopped to look around the room.

Everyone stood up to greet her and Jungwoo pulled Yuta up by his arm. Yuta reluctantly got up but once his gaze landed on her brown eyes, he could not take his eyes off them.

Jina bowed back to everyone. She was clearly a bit introverted but carried herself in a steady manner. Her eyes now landed on Yuta who was already looking at her and had not bowed to her or greeted her in any way.