32 | The Truth Comes Out

Once Jina was out of the house, she couldn't control her emotions anymore. She found herself a corner as she walked down the path from the house to the main road and sank down at the end of the alley. She cried. And cried and cried. When she couldn't cry anymore, she got back up, smoothed her clothes, wiped off her tears and went straight to the main road to catch the bus home.

Min-hyuk was not expecting Jina to come back home so soon and when he opened the door, it only took him one glance at her swollen eyes to know that things had not gone how they had expected. Jina told him about everything. About what she saw and what Kyung-mi told her. Min-hyuk's reaction was more of disbelief. He had known Yuta for years now and could see Yuta's feelings for Jina. He could never even imagine him in a relationship with Kyung-mi. Nevertheless, this was not the time for him to ask Jina such questions.

He wrapped a blanket around her shivering body. 'Do you need anything?'

'Yes,' Jina replied.

Min-hyuk got up at once, expecting Jina to ask for something like water or food but stopped in his tracks when she said, 'Please don't tell Yuta about this, or the members.'

Jina continued after seeing Min-hyuk's confused expression, 'If Yuta is in a relationship with Kyung-mi and he is happy, I don't want to confuse him or complicate things. He is not my soulmate anyway.' She paused. 'If he has moved on then I want to move on as well.'

Min-hyuk knew better than to try to change Jina's mind right now. She was obviously heartbroken and if Jina feels this way, then the least he could do was to support her. After all, he is supposed to be her soulmate. In his heart, he knew that he can never love Jina more than a friend and somewhere he also knew that Jina could never love anyone other than Yuta.

As though Jina read Min-hyuk's mind, she said, 'I know we can't love each other, but given how everything has turned out and what has happened in these past few months, I hope we can live together as friends for now till the contract ends at least.'

'Of course, Jina.' Min-hyuk sat beside her and hugged her, letting her cry into his shoulder.

'Want some tea?' He wiped her tears and patted her head.

~*~

Kyung-mi was again at the house with some excuse to hang out around the members, particularly around Yuta. Kyung-mi was sitting directly in front of the photo frame of Jina's pictures in the living room. The last time she sat in front of it, she had a disgusted expression on her face, but this time, she was smirking with her arms folded.

The doorbell rang and Doyoung opened the door to find a big burly man standing at the front door. He was dressed in a formal suit with his hair swept back away from his face.

'Yes?' Doyoung asked, confused. Not a lot of people knew the address of this house and an uninvited visitor was rare.

'I am here to meet Johnny,' the man spoke.

'And, who are you?' Doyoung asked, still not opening the door completely.

Haechan came jumping from the kitchen seeing the exchange between Doyoung and the man.

'Haechan, go bring Johnny hyung,' Doyoung said to him.

Instead of going to Johnny's room, Haechan shouted from the front door itself, 'Johnny hyung, someone is at door for you!'

This caught everyone's attention given the rarity of this ever happening. Everyone came out to the living room from different places in the house. Kyung-mi turned around in her chair, curiously.

Doyoung let the man enter the house and asked him to wait as everyone was coming out. Everyone except Mark. Mark had told the members that he had to go out for some urgent work and wasn't back yet.