29 | Parting Gift

Yuta drove slower than usual even when the roads were empty, wishing that maybe he can slow down the time this way. They each went to their rooms to get a little sleep but they knew they will be up till Jina has to leave.

It was still early morning for some members when the moving truck arrived for Jina's things. All of them helped her load the boxes into the truck.

'I am not letting you go without eating,' Taeyong said when they had finished loading. With Doyoung and Jaehyun's help, he prepared a hearty breakfast for everyone and they all sat around the dining table one last time.

'Do you like it?' Jaehyun asked Jina.

'This is the best breakfast I have ever had.' Jina smiled.

'Take some more.' Doyoung filled her plate up again.

They were all a bit quieter than usual. They laughed at Taeil still being sleepy and Jungwoo's witty remarks on the topic. But when silence filled the room, they were all reminded that Jina would leave soon. All of them knew that she was here for a purpose and as per a contract but Jina had become a part of them and they couldn't imagine a time when they weren't living together.

Even if Yuta was sad, he didn't show it. He wanted her to remember him smiling on her last day at the house.

'Noona, don't go,' Haechan said and they all went silent. He had said what they all wanted to say but couldn't. This was the last straw for Jina and the tears she had been holding in, flowed out of her eyes.

'Ah, you made her cry, Haechan.' Mark pushed the tissue box over to where Jina was sitting.

They consoled her. Wiped her tears away. Cried with her and smiled a sad smile. The house was as precious to her as everyone else. They had made so many memories together and even though she knew that they would still remain friends, it was still painful that their time together in the house has come to an end. And above all, was Yuta. The one person who had become the most important to her. The idea of not seeing him every day was wrenching her from the inside. It was as though she had to leave a part of her behind, when she leaves the house.

'Jina, look.' She heard Yuta's voice.

Yuta threw the candy piece from last night into the air, a little too high this time as well. It landed on the bridge of his nose and she laughed through her tears. She knew he had done this on purpose, but she still smiled looking at the man she was so in love with.

They finished their breakfast and Min-hyuk had arrived to pick Jina up. Min-hyuk wore the same expression as everyone in the house but put up an assuring face for Jina. If Jina was actually her soulmate and was going to live with him, he had to take care of the situation and make her feel comfortable.

Jaehyun packed some food for her in a small bag and handed it over to her. 'Don't leave it outside for too long, okay?' He pulled a box from inside the bag. 'Also...' Jaehyun handed the box to her.

'What is this?' Jina opened the box carefully. It was the cork of the wine bottle they had on their date.

'I had the date engraved on it.' Jaehyun kissed her forehead and hugged her.

Taeil stepped forward and gave her a blue box, the size of her palm. She opened it to find a tiny locket inside it which had the outline of the moon.

Jina smiled when realization dawned on her. 'Moon Taeil.'

'Like it?' Taeil asked.

'I love this,' she replied.

Johnny was holding a brown paper bag from which he produced a blingy tango skirt. Jina's eyes lit up seeing the skirt.