09 | Oh, the Horror!

Jina stirred a bit and Yuta tightened his grip and rubbed her back lightly. She opened her eyes to see Yuta awake. It was still early but the light of the sun rising threw a dim glow over them. Sometime during the night, Yuta and Jina shifted to let Jina rest her head on his chest while he held her in his arms tightly.

'Yuta,' she whispered and looked up to meet his eyes.

'Hm,' he answered as though reassuring her that he was here.

She looked so small in his arms and he didn't want to let go and couldn't hide his disappointment when she moved away and got up folding the up the covering.

'We should...', Jina started.

'Yes.' Yuta got up abruptly, 'Yes, let me call them out.'

Yuta shouted everyone's names in his loudest voice and a sleepy Mark stumbled from inside the house and found Yuta on the roof.

Mark hadn't expected Jina to be there as well when he opened the door of the roof.

'Not a word to anyone,' Yuta said to Mark firmly and Mark understood what Yuta meant.

The next few days, Yuta and Jina had no idea how to act around each other. Were they friends or did they hate each other, they weren't sure and so, they mostly tried to stay out of each other's way to avoid any awkward moments. The members noticed this but assumed that it was their usual dislike for each other. Mark however had an idea about what was going on but kept his mouth shut anyway.

~*~

Yesterday evening, Doyoung had told Jina about his plan for their date. Since Jina had mentioned her love for horror movies, and wanted to see the new release, they would go on a movie date and then hang out later.

Jina was dressed in a casual dress with her hair down and wore comfortable shoes. Doyoung was wearing a casual shirt tucked inside his loose fitted pants.

'Take me with you,' Haechan whined and clang onto Jina and Doyoung as they were leaving. Doyoung had to physically separate him and Jina in order to leave. All the while Jina couldn't stop laughing at Haechan's cuteness and told him, 'Next time Haechan.'

It was already dark when they entered the theatre. Doyoung had gotten himself and Jina seats in the last row of the theatre to ensure their privacy. Jina looked excited as she had been waiting for the release of this movie for quite some time and her eyes were glued to the screen.

'Can you pass the popcorn?', Jina said extending her arm on Doyoung's side and Doyoung flinched.

'Are you scared?', Jina whispered.

'No of course not,' Doyoung said, sitting up straighter he added, 'This is not scary at all.'

'Yes, obviously it's not scary because they are just the opening credits,' Jina said with a straight face.

With each scene, Doyoung slid further down in his seat to the point that Jina was sure he couldn't even see the movie playing. But even after Jina's constant suggestion of leaving, Doyoung persevered and stayed the entire time.

He looked the happiest when the movie ended and when the lights came back on and he couldn't stop himself from smiling from ear to ear. She clicked a picture of a smiling Doyoung.

'Let's go.' He held Jina's hand and they ran out of the theatre together.

They decided to go to a small restaurant they spotted down the street and found an empty table in the corner. Jina realised it later that Doyoung knew the owner of the restaurant when she gave him some free side dishes.

'Why did you want to go for this movie when you are so scared of horror movies?', Jina asked him.

'I'm not scared of horror movies,' he replied crossing his arms over his chest.

'Doyoung,' Jina urged him to be honest.

He considered for a bit and finally gave in.

'Yeah, I guess I am,' he said fluffing his hair at the back of his head. 'I just wanted you to have fun.'

'Well watching you scared the entire time was definitely fun so mission accomplished', Jina laughed reassuring him. 'But next time let's do something we both like.'

'Noted,' he replied and nodded his head.

'Anybody else likes horror movies in the house?', she asked finishing her bowl of soup.

'Uh, I'm not sure...', Doyoung said thinking about who might like horror movies.

'Yuta?', she asked and took Doyoung by surprise at the abrupt mention of Yuta's name.

'Oh, I am not sure but I guess he would be okay watching them,' he said, sort of convincingly.

'He seems like someone who would like horror movies,' Jina said with a twinkle in her eyes which didn't go unnoticed by Doyoung. Jina wasn't sure why Doyoung smiled to himself.

'I guess he does,' Doyoung said, amused.

They finished every last bit of food on the table and even though Doyoung insisted vehemently, Jina didn't let him pay for the food since he already paid for the tickets and popcorn earlier. Before leaving, Jina insisted on getting her picture clicked with the aunty who prepared the food and Doyoung happily obliged and clicked the picture.