33 | Liar Liar

The last few weeks had kept Mark busy with multiple schedules but the members had never seen him this busy as he had been in this last week. He left early and came back late and was hardly ever home. Whenever the members would raise the issue with him, he kept reassuring them that it was all for something bigger and that he needed to do this but he never really told them where he had been going.

Since the day Kyung-mi received the fortune teller's phone call in Min-hyuk's office revealing Jina's soulmate's name as Min-hyuk, Mark had been sceptical. He had observed carefully and came to the conclusion that Kyung-mi had lied about the name. But Min-hyuk placed his trust in Kyung-mi, so the only option left was to contact the fortune teller and get the real name. Simple as it sounds, it was the most difficult thing to track down the fortune teller. When Mark tried contacting the fortune teller through the phone number at the company, it was no longer in service, nor was the number with which he had called Min-hyuk's office that night. And after practically travelling the entire city, tracking the fortune teller's contacts and trails, Mark finally found him.

The room was silent as Mark entered. First because the members were not used to Mark being home so early and second because of what he had just uttered.

Seeing everyone's blank expression and Kyung-mi's uneasy gaze, Mark moved forward and said to Kyung-mi, mockingly, 'Jina is not with her soulmate right now, is she?'

'Mark, what are you talking about?' Yuta's voice was still trembling.

'The day I saw Kyung-mi take the phone call from the fortune teller; I knew something was wrong. So, I tracked down the fortune teller and turns out we have a liar amongst us.' Mark looked at Kyung-mi derisively when he said the last bit.

Taeyong turned to her and asked firmly, 'Kyung-mi is this true? Did you lie?'

'No, of course not.' Kyung-mi got defensive, trying to look confident but none of the members paid attention to what she had to say now.

'Oh, shut it,' Mark scoffed at Kyung-mi. 'Min-hyuk is not Jina's soulmate,' Mark announced.

Everyone was looking at Mark apprehensively. They all knew who Jina's soulmate was but they just had to hear it once.

Yuta was getting impatient and restless. He had long forgotten the injuries on his hand and the pain in his knuckles. He was looking at Mark frantically. He wanted to hear the name that Mark had gotten from the fortune-teller. No, he wanted to hear his name as Jina's soulmate. 'Who is it? Say it.'

The members smiled a bit seeing Yuta like this. Mark smiled too and he turned to Yuta and said softly, 'You. Who else?'

Yuta sighed and took his head in his hands. He was smiling and laughing and crying and looking at the members, at the ceiling, the floor, around the room. All of the emotions came over at once. He did not know what to do with himself at this moment. He looked at Mark smiling, wiping his own tears. He ran his hands through his hair and let them fall on his forehead. The members laughed looking at Yuta's cute reaction. Taeil went and rubbed Yuta's back and Jungwoo jumped up to be on his side.

The moment was broken when Kyung-mi said, 'What proof do you have, huh?'

The room was silent once again.

'Just how Mark said that I lied about the name, I too can say that Mark is lying right now. How can we believe you?', Kyung-mi's voice carried through the room.

Jaehyun was about to say something when Mark raised his hand to stop him and said, 'I knew you would say this and so I brought a recording.' Mark was prepared for everything. He took out his phone from his pocket and casted his screen on the TV in the living room on which he played the video recording of him meeting the fortune teller.