smooth run

A tiny Nezuko stored in a bamboo basket didn't need much strength to carry, so Yoriichi covered a lot of land before sunset. 

Yoriichi honestly didn't need to learn breathing forms and other demon slaying abilities but he knew he was better off in a demon slayer instructors care rather than a demons.

When he walked near a candlelit temple, the eerie silence was too suspicious.

Smelling the human blood wafting out was enough to know what happened.

As much as he didn't want Nezuko seeing dead humans he couldn't ignore the murderer that did this.

Demons.

"Nezuko, stand behind me."

Taking his hatchet, he opens the door.

Two male bodies were on the floor, broken bones and broken expressions.

"Don't look, Nezuko."

Right on top of the corpses was a blood smeared demon.

Yoriichi hears Nezuko whimper and fidget.

The demon was licking blood off of its dirtied hands and gave a threatening aura.

Raising his hatchet like a sword between him and the demon, he asks,

"What is the value of a life to you?"

The demon freezes.

Yoriichi whisked a little bit of demon blood off his face.

Demon killing is hard without Nichirin swords.

The demon, crushed to bits by Yoriichi's jagged stone, was fading away by the second.

To think that Nezuko could have well seen this very same fate...

 Yoriichi pulled Nezuko closer. He couldn't bear to see Nezuko fading like that.

But there was no time to think. The instructor has arrived.

"It is a demon."

Hearing this familiar line, he replies with the same answer.

"She is a demon."

"My name is Sakonji Urokodaki."

Yoriichi bows his head just a little.

"I assume you are the one Tomioka Giyuu sent my way."

Tomioka must have sent a letter.

"Yes. My name is Kamado Tanjiro and my little sister is Nezuko."

"What will you do when she attacks a innocent human?"

Urokodaki and Giyuu are too similar. Sigh...

It was very obvious Giyuu must have been trained by this instructor as well.

"You can trust me on this. She will not hurt any human."

"And that must never happen no matter what. And best you not forget." Urokodaki was a strict teacher. 

"Your sister, taking the life of an living person... That's the one thing that must never happen. Ever!"

"Yes."

"Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Yes."

"Then carry your sister on your back and come with me."

Carrying Nezuko on his back, Yoriichi followed Urokodaki's back as they ran through the rice fields.

Just as Yoriichi expected from a trainer, Urokodaki was indeed fast.

What Urokodaki didn't expect from this skinny little boy was how he could catch up to him, maybe even surpass him.

The basket Nezuko was in wasn't even jiggling at the least.

This boy seemed to already been trained. What...

Reaching a small hut like house, Yoriichi was not panting or bending over like a normal human would do if they had ran such a long distance.

"We're going to climb a mountain."

"Yes."

"A quiet boy, aren't you?"

"..."

Putting his sister down, he pulled himself away from her soft hand. She was breathing steadily and was asleep.

"Do not worry about your sister, I will take good care of her."

"Please do."

They left the little house and started for the mountain.

Following Urokodaki up the mountain, Yoriichi quickly noticed the air difference. He'd better be careful.

Reaching the top of the mountain at nightfall, Urokodaki turned around and spoke sternly.

"Come back to my house before the night ends. This time I will not wait until daybreak!"

He vanished.

Yoriichi took a good look around him. Human traps and thick mist everywhere. Easy enough.

The human scents were very easily found and detected. Urokodaki must have expected a less able pupil.

He sped down the mountain like a barrel.

Yoriichi was right behind Urokodaki as he left the mountain. Urokodaki did not even notice him until he came in the little hut house with him.

Yoriichi walked in without hesitation and went straight to Nezuko, checking her temperature.

"You're back."

"Yes."

Nezuko's temperature was normal. But was it normal for demons to sleep this long?

"Get some rest, we will train tomorrow, Kamado Tanjiro."

"Yes."