demon slayer

The new demon slayer uniform was quite comfortable and breathable. Only a good designer must have made this.

Putting his green and black checkered haori on top of the uniform, he felt memories from the Kamado family pushing him forward.

Make this life worth living, make this family proud.

He promised himself to live like this the rest of his life.

He felt confident.

He turned around for Urokodaki to approve of his uniform.

"Oh," He gave a smile under the goblin mask. "What a handsome young man." 

Yoriichi returned his smile.

"Tanjiro."

Urokodaki brought out a wooden box with shoulder straps.

"It's a box for you to carry your sister in during the day built out of an extremely light wood called 'Cloud Mist Pine'. I coated it with rock lacquer to reinforce its exterior and to make it even more durable."

Yoriichi's eyes shined.

"Thank you so much, Urokodaki-san! This is going to be much more easier than carrying a basket with cloth."

Yoriichi took the box into his hands. He could barely feel the weight.

"Thank you, Uroko-"

"You said that already," Urokodaki chuckled.

Urokodaki was happy he could help Tanjiro. It showed beneath the goblin mask, beneath his skin. It showed in his heart.

"Urokodaki-san, thank you for using your time to train me bit by bit. I will not shame the Kamado family or the demon slayers. Goodbye."

Yoriichi lifts the box containing Nezuko onto his back.

Upon leaving, Yoriichi gives another one of his award winning smiles, and waves.

Urokodaki has grown fond of the siblings. In normal circumstances, Nezuko would almost definitely eat Tanjiro, but she didn't.  Her bond with her brother was so strong, it showed right out of her demon form and right out of her urge to eat humans. Urokodaki wonders what made them different. He was also used to having Nezuko asleep and Tanjiro training outside. But from here now, it was just one skinny demon slayer boy and his abnormal demon sister.

The sun shines and Urokodaki sees another bird fly away.

Yoriichi arrives at the town to the northwest.

He looks around.

He feels a Hashira around here.

Well.

Who cares. He is here to slay the demon.

Looking up at the sky, Yoriichi notices it is still afternoon. He will have to kill some time before the demon. 

"Nezuko, don't be afraid, I'm going to talk to people and get food, okay?"

The box fumbled a little.

"Mmmm."

Walking around the streets was nice. The town was filled with people and they chattered endlessly about something. He found a little tea house he could rest easy in.

The tea house was packed with people. There was only one seat left. Convenient.

 The seat was next to a boy with long black hair that was blue on the tips. He had a bored expression and a calm aura. He was the Hashira.

"Hello..." Yoriichi approached the table he was sitting at. "Can I take that seat...?"

The Hashira blue boy put his head on the table lazily. "You're the demon slayer here for the 'disappearing girls' mission, right?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Take the seat, then," He yawned.

Yoriichi rested the box that held Nezuko against the wall.

"Hey. You know that's a demon, right?" The boy said suddenly. Oh no.

Yoriichi didn't want to talk or explain right now. He was feeling a bit dizzy. He hasn't been around a town in a long time.

"Hey. Wake up. It's a demon. It won't be able to kill me, but it will kill you."

He felt hands pushing him back and forth. This AGAIN. 

Opening his eyes, he said, "She's a demon."

"So," The Hashira sipped some tea. "You want to make a demon a demon slayer."

"Yes." I hope.

"And she has proven to be trustworthy and will not eat humans."

"Yes." Of course.

The boy put his teacup down.

"That's impossible, you know. You don't know that for someone older than me."

Sigh.

Were all demon slayers like this?

"What is your name?"

"Kamado Tanjiro. My sister is-"

"I didn't ask you that. My name is Tokito Muichiro."

Yoriichi was stunned. The disrespect to his sister.

"My sister is Nezuko," He continued.

Muichiro narrowed his eyes. So stubborn. Reminds him of someone...

Muichiro lifted his gaze to his dango.

"Since we're the only demon slayers in town, let's kill the demon as a team. I just got assigned this district either way."

Killing demons with this boy would be more troublesome, but he wanted to see the Hashira's skills.

"Okay."