interrogation

"Giyuu," Yoriichi nods to Giyuu. He acknowledges his existence. Wow.

Tamayo looked down at the floor.

"Thank you for coming. I will start my research immediately. Please bring me powerful demons' blood, I will use it to aid my research."

"Yes. Thank you, Tamayo," Yoriichi bowed his head deeply.

"Alright, Giyuu, I think we all are set. Thank you also for saving my life. I couldn't have been more reckless."

Turning to Giyuu, Yoriichi gives another deep bow.

"You are welcome. But next time, I might just let you die."

"Understood."

They said goodbye to Tamayo, and left the concealed house.

Closing the box that held Nezuko shut, Yoriichi heaved it onto his back.

"Giyuu, do you know somewhere I can both train and rest at? That would be much better than living on the streets."

"In fact, I do. The place is called the Butterfly Mansion, and it is a estate of the insect pillar."

They walked around the trails while talking.

"Personally, I like the estate more than the pillar herself."

Yoriichi laughs.

"Funny."

Giyuu smiled(???) and gave a sigh.

"But you'd have to get permission from her to go to the estate, which means you have to meet her," He grumbles.

Yoriichi smiled back. 

"Friends come in handy, if she's a reasonable lady, I would like to be friends with her, and Giyuu, you should too."

Giyuu didn't respond. He didn't know what to make of it. 

"There is going to be a pillar meeting soon, about your approach to Muzan."

"I see."

"Of course you don't. They would probably harass you around."

"That's okay. They need information on Muzan, I will help them the best I can."

Giyuu cleared his throat.

"It is... actually today."

"..."

Stare.

Leading him by the hand, Giyuu took them to Ubuyashiki's house.

It was clean with flowers dotted here and there and a few children playing in the yard. The trees swayed with each faint wisp of wind. It was a wonderful place to live.

Yoriichi felt multiple presences appear at some part of the house. He supposed this was the pillar meeting. He'll see the blue tipped Hashira boy here.

Giyuu lead them around a corner and Yoriichi was immediately attacked by a harsh looking person with scars all over. Yoriichi leaped back.  

The man that attacked him was smiling a vicious grin and his fists bared. Yoriichi saw the other Hashiras blink in surprise or just watch them in silence. Muichiro was looking surprised but pleased to see him.

"Hey, aren't you the amazing demon slayer that encountered Muzan," The scar man bent over in fury, "and let him go?! Also losing your head while seeing the demon that made our lives messes?!"

"I'm... sorry." 

A wave of mixed emotions swirled and twisted.

Everyone died because he failed to kill the person he was living to kill. He can't believe he made such a mediocre mistake. Losing his head. Has he ever done that?

Muzan is alive. And for that, Yoriichi knows he has to accept the punishment of failure.

But he was a coward... still sad when people express their anger.

Just one answer to one question. Train harder. That was the only way and the path Yoriichi was going to take. But...

Muzan escaped his hands once more. Yoriichi grips his arm.

"I'm so sorry."

Silence spread like a suffocating, large winter blanket.

Yoriichi got to his knees. He put his head on the floor toward the man with scars.

"Forgive me. Please."

Not daring to lift his head up, he stared from under his head and watched the Hashiras mutter and whisper. Muichiro was looking mildly frightened.

"Please, raise your head." A calm voice spoke with a gentle manner.

Yoriichi looked up at a man with black hair and disease marks on his head. He looked calm with a faint smile on his face and flower blossoms blowing past.

"Do not be sorry. The demon slayer corps will find him, no matter how many mishaps, we will work as one. But I will thank you for coming to headquarters alive after approaching Muzan."

 Yoriichi didn't quite know how to respond.

"Oh... thank you." He hoped his hesitation wasn't noticed by the Hashiras.

Unfortunately it was and a girl with pink hair giggled quietly.

Yoriichi looked at her and she covered her steaming red face.

"As planned, Tanjiro, please inform us about Muzan's appearance, his disguise, his actions, and how you were saved, and add some extra facts, alright?"

This seemed somewhat like stalking Muzan, but Yoriichi was paying enough attention, so he could name everything related to Muzan, even if he failed to kill him.

"Alright."