muzan

Upon leaving the town of the northwest, Yoriichi immediately got another mission. In Asakusa.

They're working him overtime. He sighs.

How will he find time to get Nezuko back to a human?

Either way, he rushes to the city.

The city was full of shops here and there while nightlights luminated them all. It made Yoriichi slightly nauseous.

Holding Nezuko by the hand, they walked, looking for a trace of the demon. Poor Nezuko. Wait until your brother has free time. Suddenly, Yoriichi's senses spike.

Him.

He is here.

Here.

 "N-Nezuko, stay here, okay? Don't... move..."

He is here.

Yoriichi feels all the pain and anger that the people Muzan killed had.

Yoriichi needs to finish the job.

He took his sword and ran.

The nightlights had his vision blurry and he couldn't stop his emotions.

Pushing people aside, he sees the same wavy black hair. From four hundred years ago. Through a pool of blood and corpses. Across a mountain of hatred.

HIM--!!

Yoriichi is about to unleash all his anger and pain onto this man. He is about to unsheathe his sword-

"KAMADO TANJIRO!!"

Bad timing. Someone noticed.

Yoriichi swings his head around. It's Giyuu.

What is Giyuu doing here...?!

Giyuu comes up to him and grabs his arm. He pulls them away from the people into a dark street with no one in it.

"Giyuu-" Yoriichi gasps for air. He was so irritated he forgot to breath the whole time. About 23 minutes.

"He's- He's here- Muzan- We need- We need to kill him." He tries to get Giyuu to understand his desire for him to be dead.

"Calm down-" Giyuu smacks him on the back, trying to pet him. He wasn't feeling much happy either. He just knew Tanjiro would die. He just knew he had to save him.

"He's-He's going to do something, Giyuu-" For some reason, Yoriichi couldn't get his breath or his calm back. His voice was breaking. He was so angry. At both himself and Muzan.

"Stop talking- Breathe-" Giyuu was having trouble with that too.

"N-Nezuko... She's... still outside of the city. I need," Yoriichi got to his feet, shaking. "I need to get to Nezuko."

Giyuu helps him up. "Get to Nezuko." He agrees.

Leaving the dark alleyway, Yoriichi sees a familiar face.

Tamayo. She's using demon blood art to shield a man turned into a demon from policemen who were about to beat him to death.

"Tamayo...!!" Yoriichi calls out to her with his hoarse voice. Tamayo flinches.

She whips around. She seems to recognize him. 

"Yori-" She begans, walking a step toward him.

"DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!"

The arm supporting Yoriichi was holding a sword. Directed at Tamayo

"Giyuu-" No. Don't do it. Please. 

Tamayo was at a loss for words. She clutches at her clothes.

"Giyuu- Don't- No-"

This was like a nightmare.

Yoriichi needed to do something.

Stop him.

He reached out a hand and grasped the hand Giyuu was using to hold the sword and lowered it down. Gently. Like a hug.

Giyuu was bewildered.

Recovery breath.

"I need to talk to you... Tamayo."

Yoriichi quickly got his voice back and managed a sentence.

"Tanjiro- It's a-"

"I know. I need to talk with her in private..."

What things is he not allowed to hear, but for the other demon to hear?

Jealousy.

"Oh... okay." Giyuu sheathes his sword trying to hide his selfish thoughts from himself.

"Yori-" Tamayo began again.

Yoriichi widened his eyes, warning her not to say his name. She obeyed, trembling slightly.

They went to her lab while Giyuu stood at the door alone with his feelings.

As the door closed, Tamayo asked the first question that came to her.

"How?"

After many questions and answers, Tamayo couldn't believe Yoriichi was back. As a young boy.

"We are going to kill Muzan in this life, I'm sure."

Yoriichi winced. He embarrassed himself by losing his head to emotions.

"Next time, I will kill him without fail."

Tamayo bowed to the floor.

"I will make poisons to aid you in that. Please, kill him."

"Thank you."

Yoriichi too put his head to the ground.

Meanwhile outside, Giyuu was having a hard time.

What does a demon mean to a demon slayer if she isn't his sister? Does he like her? Does he think she's pretty? He's confiding in a demon rather than a demon slayer. Is something wrong? Did I do something wrong? I threatened the demon with my sword, and he told me to stop. He hates me now. But I saved his life. He should be thanking me. But then again... he doesn't need to. 

Giyuu couldn't be with his thoughts any longer. Luckily for him, Tamayo and Yoriichi finished their conversation and met him back outside.