Chapter 3

It's been a week since he was been taken to the vampire lair, or so he guess. He doesn't even know what time it is exactly most of the time. He's allowed to go out only in the mornings and just for a few hours. Baekhyun still brings him food and other things he necessarily needs and Sehun not-so-happily lend him some books to read when he's stuck in his room with nothing to do. He guess, only five vampires live here, but he haven't been seeing the two though. Kris and that scary dude with dark circle around his eyes. He doesn't even know his name, might as well ask Baekhyun for future references. And as for Kai, he only sees him when the vampire comes in his room and check up on him, it seems like Kai is avoiding him. Or maybe not, maybe he's just not interested to interact with him. But after that day he's sure as hell something changed.

           That day, he woke up feeling well rested. His pillow seems to be cold and a little bit hard but it's comfortable nonetheless. He felt protected for some reason, like something is gripping on him like he's some precious jewel. And so he thought his day will start in a good way. But then his pillow started moving and groaning. Wait. His pillow is alive?! He looked up to see a tan male with dark hair covering one of his eyes, his lips thick and his jaw sharp.  Isn't he a gorgeous lad. But forget about that. He shook his head. He's sleeping with a vampire! He's sleeping with Kai, he's practically laying on top of the vamp. Well, his pillow wasn't alive after all. It's moving, yeah but he's practically dead. A moving corpse. But that's not important either, he's sleeping and cuddling with Kai. The person who hates him with passion. He blushed as he remembered what happened the night before. The licking and touching. Woah! That sounded dirty. He blushed even more. He was shaken by his trance (literally shaken) when Kai sits up, forcing him to sit up too. The lad only looked at him with piercing black eyes. His dark hair all dishevelled in a sexy mess. Taemin only looked at him blushing.

          Kai groaned and stand up. Not bothering to look back at the human as he started to walk over the door. Taemin was about to speak but Kai spoke up with his voice even more deep and raspy than normal because of sleep. Shit. Can't he be more sexy?

          "Forget that this happened." And he started to walk off, slamming the door shut hard, leaving Taemin confuse and alone on the cold bed.

            After that, everything seems to be even more colder between him and the vamp. He sighs. They're not that close but he still feels that a hole was made inside him after that. A much bigger hole than the hole his family left. Family, he wonders if they're okay. He wonders if they notice that he is missing. Probably not, they don't care about him anyway, that's the reason he left and live on his own. He doesn't have anything to comeback to even if he escape here. Better to just stay here or die. His life was cold and lonely as far as he can remember so what's the big deal with the stupid bossy vamp ignoring him. He's just a corpse. He snorts. That's a pretty mean thing to say but he laughs at his own thoughts nonetheless.

            The door opened minutes later as Baekhyun comes in with his breakfast. He smiles at the pretty vamp.

             "After you're done eating, fix yourself coz we have a general meeting." The vamp informs him.

             "Meeting? Why am I invited to that too? Isn't it supposed to be just for you guys?" He looks at the vamp confusedly as he takes a bite on his pancake. Baekhyun shrugs, "Don't know. Kris ordered that all should attend. Maybe because you're living here too so that's why." He hums as he continues to eat. And he remembers that he will ask Baekhyun about the other vampire's name.

              And so after the chitchat and dressing up, Baekhyun leads him to the meeting room. They step inside. They're the only ones who are being waited for. He looks around the table, everyone is seated and so is Kai. He's on the end of the table besides Sehun, while Taemin sits on the other end of the table besides Baekhyun. Tao, now he knows his name, thanks to the pretty vampire, is seated beside Sehun too. It seems like Sehun has the most of the vampires as his friends. That's a surprise considering his attitude. Maybe they're all have attitudes. Yeah, definitely Kai has but he doesn't know about Tao.