Denial And Shitty Reasons

Taemin is sitting on his bed, his back leaning on the head board. His eyes blankly staring into space. He's been like this since Kai stormed off. His mind keep repeating the scene that happened a few hours ago.

After Kai ran out, the sound of the door shutting loudly woke Taemin up from his shaken state in Baekhyun's arm. His fear slowly forgotten as it slowly sink in his brain what had happened. He saw how Kai's face changed from being enraged to being shock and hurt. He can still see the pain in Kai's eyes everytime he closes his own eyes. And somehow it hurts him. It makes him feel guilty. Kai looked like a kicked puppy and it doesn't help to shut his nagging conscience up. He wish he could take back whatever he might have said or done.

He feels the painful tugging in his chest and stomach again. He wonders where Kai is. Is he okay? Is he killing again to let out some frustrations? He thinks that he's the one who should be killed. He deserve to be killed for what he did to the vampire. He feels stupid. He pushed Kai away and now he feels like he's the one who have been left and rejected. He wonders if he's bipolar or something. Or is this what love do to people?

Love. That thought surprised him. Do he love Kai? But isn't it too early and too fast to love someone? They only knew each other for only some weeks. And their relationship, whatever it is, started in a not so smooth way. So how can he love someone this fast? Maybe he don't. Maybe his crush for Kai leveled up into a like phase and he care for the vampire too much because he feels guilty. Yeah, that's his explanation. He wants to make whatever they have with each other right and he can't do that if the vampire isn't here.

It seems like he's been denying about everything his whole life and truth always smacks him in the face in time he least need it. He knew from expirience but never learned. And so he repeats it again. Denial with shitty reasons to backup his irrational desicions.

His thoughts are rudely interrupted by the door opening and closing. He looks up to see Baekhyun smiling sheepishly at him. He didn't brought anything with him. He sits on the end of the huge bed, looking at Taemin. Maybe trying to read his thoughts but he tries to block his mind or change what he was thinking. He don't want the vampire snooping in his own mind.

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun ask him again for the umpteenth time that night. He just nods. What can he say? He can't say that he might be inlove with Kai and trying to deny it by covering it of thoughts of being guilty.

"Do you need anything?" Yes, I want to know where Kai is. He didn't voiced it though. That thought surprise him himself. It came out from nowhere but it's true.

"We're not sure where he is. I'm sorry Taemin" Baekhyun answered. Fuck! He's still reading my thoughts. He glares at the vampire and Baekhyun look away, mumbling a sorry.

"How much did you read?" Taemin hiss.

"Not much, only your wondering where Kai is." Taemin examine the vampire for some kind of lie but it seems he's telling the truth or just good at hiding stuff. But Baekhyun is an open book. Maybe the vampire isn't lying. He nods. Baekhyun is still looking at him, probably reading his thoughts again. He glares even more at the pretty vampire so Baekhyun stops and clears his throat awkwardly.

"I just want to know if you're really okay. Tao is worried and so is Kris. They think you'll do something stupid so they asked me to check on you." So Sehun really doesn't care about me then. "Oh no no no no no. Sehun is worried too. He locks himself in the library so that's a proof. He's worried about you and Kai and the coven. He worry too much he just doesn't show it. But he cares a lot and sometimes it's worrying us too. We can't read him, he's unpredictable so we don't want to upset him. He's our baby after all." He smiles. Taemin ignores the fact that Baekhyun still reads his mind. But the thought of Sehun caring is enough to cheer him up and the fact that the poker face vampire is the baby of the coven is really cute. He thought it's Tao coz he's always with Kris.

"So, any idea where Kai is?" His question wasn't answered by the pretty vamp because the door opened and closed again as Oh Sehun sauntered in the room. He stands by the door, leaning on the door frame as he cross his arms on his chest.

"I heard your talking about me so I went here." Taemin roll his eyes, so many nosey bastards in this house. Sehun might have read his thoughts coz he glares at him and Baekhyun pouts. He doesn't want an argument with the two vamps while Kai is not here, he might die in seconds so he divert their attention to the question at hand.

"Kai? Where do you think he is?" He ask no one in particular, waiting for anyone who wants to answer. Baekhyun shrugs and Sehun speaks.

"We're not sure. He might be on the process of commiting a massacre or on the road driving his frustrations away. He has different ways to let out frustrations and anger so no one really knows." His face never once changed nor shown expression. Taemin almost think that he doesn't care or he's bored of the topic but the little, almost unheard sigh came out from his mouth change his thoughts. He does care.

"Or he might be out seeing D.O" Baekhyun added. Receiving a glare from Sehun making Baekhyun cover his big mouth.

"Who's D.O?" Taemin asked, confuse and curious at the same time.

"No one important" Sehun answered. Shrugging. Baekhyun nods frantically. Trying to convince the mortal that it is really nothing. They doesn't know that at that same time, Kai and D.O was closer than they all want them to be.

He guess he's not the only one who's good at denying and making bullshit reasons. Everyone's good at it too. From lying to themselves to lying to the people around them but Taemin knows the art of denying so he won't be fooled by some people trying to use it to him. He knows they're hiding something but if they want to deny it to themselves then he'll play along.

--------
Another short chapter. Sorry. Next chapter there will be Taekai moments again, I promise. Tell me what you think. Thank you. x