Hesitate

Taemin walk through thick branches and high bushes. The shades of the leaves drawing dark silhouettes on his pale skin as the setting sun hits them. Nothing but the sound of crushing dried leaves can be heard as his black sneakers steps on them and the occasional whistle of the cold wind as it blows through the forest, rustling the steady leaves and branches. It was peaceful, opposite from the state of his mind.

His mind is a mess. Voices of doubts, whispers of insecurities, screams of hesitation and his demons polluting his head. Something inside of him rebels from what his mate had said, unbelieving the vampires words of assurance and tugging his heart so hard that his chest hurts, making his eyes sting. His mental and emotional pain reflecting physically.

He moves through the dimming forest slow and sluggishly, like a little push of the soft wind can make him fall down. He feels like he's been cheated on, lied to. But he's not, is he? Kai wouldn't lie to him, right?

Taemin clutch his chest as his mind screams the answer to his own question, he doesn't know. As much as he wants to believe the vampire, there's a part of him that doubts the immortal, hesitation clouding his mind.

Maybe the problem is him. Maybe it's just him making things complicated. Maybe he's over thinking things. Maybe it's just his insecurities getting the best of him. Or maybe his guts were right. Maybe he's feeling this way because the nature is silently telling him that something isn't right, shaking his fooled consciousness to see the truth. Slapping him to see reality.

Pack. Taemin felt something rough hit his cheek, breaking his trance. Surprise to see a thin branch in front of him. Nature literally slap him to bring him back to reality. Taemin wonder if he should laugh or be irritated of how the nature is being a bitch but he's emotionally and physically drained that he decided to just push the twig aside and continue his walk onto the clearing. The sky now slowly changing from orange to pink, some parts turning from violet to a darker shade of blue.

He reach the clearing a bit far from the castle. He haven't been in this part of the forest, it's smaller than the clearing he and Kai usually hangs out. He sits under one of the old trees, stretching his legs and leaning his back on the thick trunk of the tree. His feet aching from walking to much. His eyes slowly close as the tiredness proceeds to consume him.

His over thinking head exhausted him but he can't help but think and think, even as his body relax as the cold wind blows at him, comforting his tired physique.

Ever since he was a kid he likes the cold. He touch the snow with his bare hands, savoring the slight pain it gives him and the numbness after. It's one of the reason he like touching Kai, the vampire's cold temperature comforts him. Maybe destiny or whatever it is actually planned their meeting because it knows that Taemin will love every part of the vampire, from his cold physique to his warm heart. Maybe they are destined with each other if he's really Kai's soulmate. But what about Kyungsoo? Did Destiny actually made other plans involving the three of them together? Or is it just Kai and Kyungsoo forever? They're immortal after all and Taemin is just a weak mortal that can die by vampires or whatever creatures attacking him or by nature's fault, diseases that he can catch. Surely, Kai won't mourn him forever after he actually died.

Taemin shook his head, trying to get those thoughts out of his head. He's not gonna die, not yet. But the thoughts in his head showed another proof to him that he's fragile and weak, nothing like Kai, especially not like Kyungsoo that can probably stand beside Kai forever. No disease can kill him, he can survive the attacks of other creatures and nature can't touch him. The total opposite of the sulking mortal.

A rustling of the bushes behind him caught his attention. Crushing of leaves can be heard that Taemin is certain that causes by a foot stepping on dried, fallen leaves. Taemin stood up, backing away from the bushes, the sun now hiding in the night sky. The glow of the moon dimly lit his surroundings. Taemin mentally pinch himself for taking a walk knowing the night was near and for bringing himself to the farthest part of the forest without telling anyone before going out. He can't help mentally scolding himself. Stupid stupid stupid! Aish! Lee Taemin! How stupid can you be?

But he can't do anything about it now can he? He will probably die now no matter what thing is hiding behind those bushes. If it's a wild animal, hungry and ready to eat him or a vampire, hungry and ready to also eat him. This will probably end up bloody no matter what.

A darken figure emerge from the bushes, Taemin steps back again, hitting his back on a wide trunk of a tree or so he hopes, there's a possibility that it can be anyone or anything other than a tree that can actually eat him too. But as his palm touch a rough surface he let out a small relieved sigh that it is, actually an old tree. Paranoia is slowly creeping in him as the figure slowly steps toward him. Its long, thin legs moving ungracefully forward. Its long upper limbs reaching out to him. Taemin closes his eyes as he felt the thing touch him, his slender fingers curling around his shoulders. Waiting for the creature to bite him, the last thought of Kai enters his head. Will the vampire miss him? Probably not. He might come back to Kyungsoo and then they'll celebrate his death for having no more hinder with their love for each other. He felt the tears start to fall from his eyes down to his cheeks. Fear and sadness consuming him. This is the end. He haven't had the chance to tell Kai that he might love him, or not might. He actually love him. Sobs raking his whole being as he try to control his tears.

He felt a soft, cold thumb brush on his skin, wiping the salty liquid. Deep voice making its way through his ears.

"Don't cry." The creature said, surprising the mortal, making him open his eyes to see a handsome face smiling down at him. It's a man or a boy, Taemin can't tell because of the poor lighting. He's taller than him, but everyone's taller than him for being short so it didn't surprise him. The creature's face inches away from his making Taemin's heart beat so hard inside his ribcage. His wide smile making his other eye twitch that Taemin thinks is quite cute.

The last thing the mortal see is black as darkness envelops Taemin's vision as he felt his body pulled forward into a cold embrace, his face burying on a hard chest. His eyes slowly closing, exhaustion and fear taking his consciousness away.

-----------

Double update because I feel bad for not updating for so long. A possible new character? Hmm...
The title is still inspired by Hesitate by Stone sour.

I hope you enjoy this short update. Comment and vote. Thank you.