My Sacrifice

"Let's run away, Kai"

It's not a question nor an answer to anything but a very tempting suggestion. He can leave with Kyungsoo and be with him forever to share adventures they wouldn't forget. He can leave the coven, fuck Kris' rules and be free. He can be a wanderer like Kyungsoo with no permanent group and shelter but atleast they have each other. He can leave everything behind and move forward to join him. He can leave Taemin, or can he not?

Before, if Kyungsoo had asked him to come with him he will leave in a heartbeat with no more thinking coz that felt right. Because that's all he wants. But that's before. Before he met Taemin, the beautiful, annoying mortal who picks a fight with him twenty-four seven. That Taemin, who rejected him for being who he is. That Taemin, his soulmate. He doesn't know why but the painful tugs in his stomach and chest came back. Interrupted his trail of thoughts. He pulled away from his master. Looking away.

"I-i..." His words are stuck in his throat. His mind can't even form something to say. Can he leave? Of course he can, it's as easy as saying his name. But do he wants to? And his mind was stuck in that question. Repeating non-stop in his head. Trying to find the answer.

"Kai, it'll be alright after we're miles away. They won't find us." His master was right. They won't chase them when they're already miles away. Kris could care less. SeHun will miss him and worry for sure but that'll only last for a few years and then he'll be okay again. Baekhyun will freak out but he'll forget soon enough like Sehun. And Tao, that cry baby will cry a river onto Kris' shoulder but he will be okay too. But Taemin...

"But we can never go back here Kai, or we can but after a few centuries. We just have to sail low for a while" His master continues, and so does Kai's thoughts. But Taemin. Taemin has nothing to do with the coven without him. If he abandon the mortal Kris will surely kill him for he's nothing but a pest. And Kai can't live with that. He can't let Taemin die for his own selfish desires, his human traits kicking in. Trying to save an innocent life is a normal instinct a human he once in his life was or there might be some more deep reason as his stomach churn in the thought of his soulmate dying. But he doesn't dwell on that one. He's not ready yet for whatever that reason might be.

He shook his head, still not looking at his maker. A silent no and a squeeze on the other's hand is his painful answer. As much as hates being rejected, he hates rejecting someone too, especially Kyungsoo. His beloved master. His Lord who gave him his second life. His savior. But his world isn't revolving around the other now. He has his own duties and responsibility now. He likes it or not, the human needs him.

(Darn Wattpad deleted this part and I'm not in the mood to write it again so I'll just change it. Sorry)

He let go of the other's hand and he slowly steps away. Still not looking at his master as his pace increases, then he fully turn his back from him. Leaving everything behind. The promises and dreams that their future together could've bring. Coz he doesn't need that anymore. It's a little too late for that now, he waited for that to happen for too long but he was always left with empty hands and a broken heart by the older. So now, maybe it's time for him to do the same to the older, just to be fair for himself.

He walks faster, not looking back. He doesn't want to see his master's reaction, or for him to think that he's second guessing. Coz he's not. This is the most certain decision he ever made in his whole immortal life. And so as he reach his car, dark as the night. He feels the tears coming back but doesn't let it fall until he was out of sight entirely. He drove as fast as he could until he can't feel Kyungsoo's presence anymore, until he can't smell his scent, until he can't hear his breathing, until he lost sight of him, until he's sure that the latter was truly gone in his life.

-----

It was still dark when he reach the castle. He was sitting in his car for a few minutes now, his tears have dried and no trace of it was left. He looks normal, like haven't been crying and sobbing all the way there. But he still can't will himself to get inside the door. He has no idea what to do or say or how to act. Will he still be welcome in the coven after running back to D.O? Is Taemin still there? Ofcourse he is. He can still smell his sweet scent, vanilla and strawberry. He missed that. He miss him. Maybe he should just suck it up and walk in. So after a few more minutes of preparing himself, he walks out the car and towards the castle door.

Reaching forward, his cold fingres touching the equally cold knobs. But before he can push the door open it was moving on it's own to show a sight he doesn't know if he should be happy about or start crying again.

---------------

Hi, it's been a while. I'm sorry for not updating for so long. I know I'm the worst author in the world for making you all wait but I hope you're still there for this story and if you are, thank you very much. I'm getting better so I'll try to update as much as I can for now on. Thank you.