Chapter 4 | Savannah

Peeking out the living room window I watched Jace drive away with Lola. I didn't know how to feel about him anymore. I still didn't think that he and I would be able to work as tutor and student but it was more my fault than his.

Jace is unfortunately attractive. Those beautiful green eyes reminded me of Granny Smith apples. His long brown hair looked like waves of chocolate. Handsome, sexy jock, smooth talker were the bullet points underneath his name. As much as I wanted to help him get his grades up I, as his tutor, wouldn't be able to focus. Being on defense with Jace would make him more irritated with me and less likely to try and make a pass. I may not know much about having sexual relations personally but I knew some stuff and the little bit that I knew didn't need to be shown to him. He was too tempting and he knew how to make anyone swoon. It was like his profession and I didn't want to be next on his list.

Sweets

Ridiculous is what it was. He gave me a nickname two days after meeting me. Was that something he did to every girl so he would be safe if he forgot their name? He did remember Lola's name though.

Lola

She was pretty. Very pretty and also who he was currently having sex with as he so graphically expressed to me.

Shaking my head I poured some canned soup in a pot on the stove to warm up for dinner while I took a shower. My body was tired. Tutoring, school, work and trying to better my photography skills was taking a toll on me. Working at Just Lick It gave me some extra cash every month but I didn't need to stay there. Tutoring was something that I enjoyed. Photography was something that I loved and wanted to start as my own business. Maybe my time at Just Lick It was over. I really wanted to put my focus on photography and quitting the ice-cream shop would give me that. I had a photoshoot coming up Wednesday with the men's basketball team and hopefully the women's basketball coach would get word and ask me to take their pictures too.

Stirring the soup lost in my own world I jumped at the banging on the door. Setting the spoon down and covering the pot I checked the peephole seeing my two friends from photography class on the other side.

Opening the door Jia raised her hands holding a bottle of Tequila in each. "Just in case we get thirsty."

Laughing at her, I stepped aside letting her and Tink in informing them that there was soup on the stove and cupcakes on the counter like always. Turning the burner off I made myself a bowl as Jia stood on her toes struggling to grab three shot glasses before Tink reached above her grabbing them.

Jia, Tink, and I hit it off the first week of class. They were talkative girls and invited me to sit with them while I oddly stood in the doorway on the first day. Since then they do most of the talking and I say a few things but they include me and I appreciate that. It was their idea to exchange numbers and also their idea to hangout outside of class. It was awkward at first because they were already friends being roommates and all but I eventually warmed up to them both and they also got along with my sister which is always a plus.

Pouring three shots to the brim Jia handed me a glass toasting to both Tink and I before tossing hers back. "I think we should go out for my birthday. It's in a few weeks and we should begin planning now and I mean you too Savannah."

"You know I probably -"

"Don't have anything to do." She cut me off. "No photography sessions, no editing for hours, no baking cupcakes and reading books, no no no. Come out with us just this once."

"No movie marathon this year?" Tink asked to save me.

"Not this year." Jia jumped up on the counter. "I think I want a tattoo or my belly button pierced!"