Chapter 20 | Savannah

Can we talk?

My phone began ringing immediately, making me laugh. Maybe I shouldn't have sent Jace a text like that. "Hello?" I answered sweetly.

"You trying to break up with me already, Sweets? We've only been together a week. I know I'm not the greatest boyfriend but shit baby, I'm trying."

Rolling my eyes, I moved the phone away from my face, covering my mouth trying not to laugh at how silly he sounded. Taking a deep breath I put the phone back to my ear. "I want to see you. I'm free Tuesday after 4. Are you free?"

"I have practice every day at 4 babe. This is it, isn't it? Yep. Fucking A, you're forgetting about me already."

"Of course not! It just slipped my mind. How about Wednesday? I have a tutor session at five-thirty so you could come over like around seven." I offered, hopeful for a yes.

"I can't." He huffed sadly into the phone. "We have some team building shit to do. I can come over Thursday afternoon though, are you free?

"I'm free."

"So you're not breaking up with me?"

"I'm not breaking up with you Jace." I laughed.

"Thanks for the heart attack, Sweets." He breathed heavily into the phone. "I miss you though."

"I miss you too." After ending the call Siannah awed from the couch while she sketched, snacking on a sharing size bag of jelly beans. Huffing loudly while tossing my phone aside she asked what was wrong. "If I tell you, you have to promise not to laugh."

"I promise to nothing." She tossed back a small handful of jelly beans

"Kit, I'm serious!" I whined, beyond frustrated with myself for not being more confident.

Chewing loudly on purpose she rolled her eyes untucking her legs. Placing her drawing aside Siannah sat up putting more jelly beans in her mouth. "Fine, I promise. Tell me what's up."

Staring at my sister making sure she was serious I looked up to the ceiling closing my eyes for a few seconds wanting to word it right. "I want Jace to come over and it's been kind of difficult finding time but I understand. He has hockey and his own classes to study for but I miss him . . . all of him."

"So invite him over, Savannah. I don't understand the problem."

"Siannah." I whined, raising and dropping my arms. "You're supposed to be able to read my mind like twins do!"

"What?" She fell back in her chair laughing. "Girl if you don't gon' with the bs. Didn't I just hear y'all make plans?"

"I would prefer if he came over earlier. I have . . . needs." I covered my eyes and blurted it all out, "I want to have sex but I don't know how to tell him without sounding slutty."

Hearing my sister choking I sat up worried as she slapped her chest. "Wait," she cleared her throat, "you're worried about sounding like a horny girlfriend? Sis if you don't tell Jace you want some dick."

"You know I'm not about to say that."

"You will if you want him in your guts in the next thirty minutes."

"Siannah!" My loving sister covered her mouth and laughed. "I'm being serious, Kit. Help me."

"I did help you!" She stood collecting her things.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm not about be here while Jace touches your soul. I'll be back tomorrow sometime in case y'all go rounds. Make sure to wipe everything down and put it back if y'all can't remain in your bedroom."