Chapter 10 | Savannah

"You two dating or something?" Tink whispered as Jia showed Jace some of the displayed art.

Lowering my camera, I looked at the picture I had just snapped of the two. "Jace doesn't date."

"Oh I know but I've never seen him hanging out with another girl other than Paige and even then they're not alone. Tyler or Reid are always there too."

"Paige is blonde with bangs, right?" I asked, remembering the girl from the ice-cream shop that caused a scene when Jace said we were going on a date.

"Yeah, she's the puck bunny that slept with the entire hockey team. She stays extra close to Jace but they've never dated. Something about her, Jace, and Tyler growing up together but Tyler can't stand being around her, you can see it whenever she pops up. I personally think she's waiting for her chance with Jace unless of course you snatch him up off the market first." She gave a devilish smile.

"I don't - we're just friends, Tink. We don't see each other that way." I lied knowing dang well that man haunted my dreams too many nights to count. What made it worse was knowing him for less than a month and he was already arousing me in my sleep.

Feeling my cheeks warm Jia and Jace came back with two pictures. "You said thirty, right?" Jace pulled out his wallet handing her the cash.

"Nice wristband." Tink handed Jace his pictures wrapped in brown paper.

"Thanks, Sweets made it for me. It seals our friendship."

"Sweets?"

Jace wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "That's what I call my girl here."

Tink turned to me wide eyed and mouthed, my girl?

"We're going to get in line for the hayride. See you two later." I waved, pulling Jace with me.

The hayride was my favorite part of the entire fair. They had a field off to the side that was filled with pumpkins. Kids could choose a pumpkin and paint it at the decorating booth. Babies and toddlers were bundled with hats and gloves. Children excitedly pointed out scarecrows in the distance.

Further into the ride, trees wrapped in white lights hovered over us giving a romantic feel. Watching the couple near the front holding hands and kissing, I captured a few pictures as the guy whispered something in his girlfriend's ear making her giggle. Her already red cheeks darkened. Quickly taking another picture I moved my lens over to Jace who was already staring at me. Taking his picture I lowered my camera when he asked me what I thought about the fair.

"I love coming here. I found out about it freshman year and made sure to come every year. Siannah doesn't really care for it but I was able to talk Nate into it last year."

"You got a thing for Jones?"

"W-What?"

"Because he likes your sister."

"I know he does." It's obvious to everyone in the same room as them. "How do you know?"

"I have my resources but you didn't deny having a thing for him."

Turning off my camera I tightened the lens cover in place. "Nate is nice to look at but he likes my sister so no, I don't like him. I just like looking at him." More like drooling but no need for formalities.

"As much as you like looking at me?"

"Who said I like looking at you?"

"It's okay." He smirked, placing his right ankle on his left knee. "I enjoy looking at you too. You're not too hard on the eyes, especially when you look like Rudolph. It's adorable."