Chapter 5 | Jace

Monday morning Mrs. Tully glared at me from her podium as she leactured us about time management and organization. I didn't know if she was trying to specifically call me out without actually saying my name but I felt the hostility way up here in the third to last row.

Why did she look at me every seven minutes? Was I the only one to see her eyes narrow when they found mine? Someone else had to see the death rays she was projecting. Shifting in my seat uncomfortably I looked around the room when the door behind the class opened and footsteps sounded. Keeping my head straight assuming that it was just an extremely late student that would soon feel Mrs. Tully's wrath, I sure as hell didn't expect to feel a hand rub across my shoulders.

I'm sure that the entire class felt the air shift as Mrs. Tully's neck started turning a bright red. Looking up to the person that touched me, I shook my head wanting nothing more than to grab my things and leave but Coach would have my head if I ever skipped this class.

Fucking A

Eliena looked over her shoulder back at me and winked with no care in the world that her mother caught us just a few weeks ago and I was being put through hell. Looking anywhere that wasn't at Eliena or her mother's eyes I looked out the window to a small grassy area where a few students were sitting. Some were standing, some were talking but a short ginger haired girl talked to some guy. The only ginger haired girl I knew was my new friend and possible future tutor, Sweets.

Pulling out my cell to text her I scrolled through my contact list getting to the Ls when it dawned on me that texting a girl without the goal of having sex was new for me. Sweets was bringing out a different side of me that I never knew about.

Back at the front of the room Eliena and her mom said a few hushed words before Eliena turned around heading back towards the door behind me. Texting on her phone as she walked just three steps away from me she pocketed her phone winking at me with a kiss. Keeping my face blank my phone vibrated.

{Eliena}: Meet me at my dorm after class 😘

Rolling my eyes I turned my phone over looking up to Mrs. Tully who looked at me as if she wanted to skin me alive. Grabbing my pen I opened my notebook scribbling down nothing that had to do with this class but I needed her to stop murdering me with her eyes.

Luckily forty-five minutes later we were dismissed from class. Shoving my notebook in my bag I ran after the first group of students hoping to get lost in the crowd so she wouldn't call me back for any reason.

Heading to my next class I paused, turning towards the direction of the library.

Skip class? Possibly tease Sweets.

Skip class? Possibly get my head chewed off by Coach for not being responsible.

Skip class? Possibly greater my chances at becoming her friend and learn more about her.

Skip class? Use meeting up with my tutor to save my ass from Coach . . . Sounds good.

Getting in my Jeep I rubbed my hands together avoiding turning on the heat since I was only going to be driving for a few minutes. Heading towards the library I tried to think of my plan b incase Sweets wasn't there. Who would I have to talk to so I know if she was coming in today? Would they give her work schedule out willingly? Would I have to use the Carter Charm again?

I needed to find a way to get Sweets on my side. Using friendship as a cover up seemed to help but for how long? I didn't know the first thing about being friends with a female. What the hell were we supposed to talk about? How many ice-cream scoops would it take to fill a cone? We had nothing in common.