4

(Daichi's POV)

     Later, at lunch, I walk into the cafeteria and see a small cloud of people all gathered around Suga. When I get closer, I can hear people complimenting his hair, and seeing them touch his hair. He's trying his best to be patient and polite, but I can see he's trying the hardest to stay awake. I lightly jog up to the crowd and gently shove some people out of the way. "Oi, give him some space!" So they do. I sit next to him, and notice there are still people gathered around our table. I never really noticed how popular Suga was before now, I guess. "Lunch isn't really a spectator sport, guys." I say, swishing my hand in a shooing motion.

...............

(Suga's POV)

     I'm enveloped in a circle of curious spectators as soon as I sit down at my usual lunch table. "Did you dye your hair Sugawara-san?" One of the girls asks. My hair was brunette yesterday, and now it's silver. Deduce, dipshit. "Oh... yeah." I say, laughing nervously. "It looks cool, man." One of the guys says. "Thanks!" I smile softly. Who even are these people? I can feel my patience slipping away the longer this goes on. When is Daichi gonna get here? I try to see in between the gaggle of people surrounding me to see the cafeteria door. Still empty.

     About five minutes later, I see Daichi walk through the door. When I catch his eyes, they immediately light up like stars. He gives me a soft smile that seems to say, "Are you okay?" Just then, someone grabs my hair. They don't yank it, but they kind of brush through it with their fingers. My stomach drops to my feet. I wrench my head up to see the person who grabbed my hair, and see some random girl looking down at me in fear. "I-i'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I was pushed. My apologies." She bows her head. She looks absolutely mortified at what she had done, and my stomach seems to realize that it doesn't actually belong in my feet, and moves back to where it belongs. She seems like a sincere person, and I can relate to how she feels. Making embarrassing mistakes like that really doesn't feel the greatest, and it really doesn't help when the person involved doesn't take it lightly. "No, no it's fine, Chiyo-san! No worries!" She sighs in relief and walks away saying "Have a nice day, Sugawara-san!" And waves.

      I'm snapped back to reality when I hear Daichi's voice shouting, "Oi, give him some space!" people give him some dirty looks, but they clear away regardless. I can not begin to describe how grateful I am that he's gotten rid of them, I'm tired enough trying to stay awake while running on my 1 hour of sleep, I just don't have the mental space to keep appearances right now. I don't want to end up offending someone or saying something rude because I'm not paying attention due to my lack of sleep, that would be just horrible!

     Daichi sits down next to me and places a gentle arm around my shoulders. Good thing, too because I'm using up all my strength just with my basic motor skills, like blinking and sitting without falling off the bench. "Lunch isn't really a spectator sport, guys." He says. I chuckle. They all turn away, and go back to their friends. Some of them looked kind of disappointed as if they had been denied tickets to the best concert of all time. "How're you holding up, Suga?" Daichi asks quietly. "I'm mostly awake.." I yawn while talking, and he giggles. Yes, giggles. Like one of Oikawa's fangirls or something.

     I want to eat my bento, but instead I just stare at it stupidly. My arms and legs feel like they're made of lead. "You want me to feed you or something?" Daichi asks sarcastically. Without thinking, I nod. Daichi's face turns bright red and his heartbeat quickens. Oh no.. I've done something wrong again. I guess we're going with it now... "I- um.. Okay." He stutters cutel- NERVOUSLY. 

..............

(Daichi's POV)

     DID HE NOD?!! OH MY ASAHI!

     How does one go about feeding someone else...? 

     I don't know what to do.. I can feel my blush burning in my ears.

     I take his chopsticks and pick up a small clump of rice, and then accidentally drop it on his lap. Damn it, Daichi.  

After many attempts, we got into a rhythm, and we successfully ate our lunches without a hitch (not counting the beginning of course.) And too soon, the dreaded bell rang.