5

(Suga's POV)

After twisting the keys metallically in the lock, I hear Kiyoshi whisper-yell, "Hide!" and then run up the stairs, only to fall back down again, and get rug burn in his knees. "Kiyoshi! Are you alright?" I toss my bag and shoes down on the floor and run over to him. He lifts his hand up and winces immediately from the sudden release of pressure. The scuff doesn't look too bad, but he did shed a little blood. Not really enough for cause or concern, though. "I'm.. fine." I hold my hand out to him, and he reluctantly takes it. "So," I start. "Why were you hiding someone from me?" He looks around me. "What are you looking for?"

"Well.. I just assumed that Daichi-san would be with you."

"Is that why you hid? I thought you liked him."

"I do! And that's why I had to hide."

"What are you saying?"

Well.. his birthday's on the 31st, right?"

My face lights up. That's so cute! He's making a birthday present for Daichi!

"Yeah, but why did you hide someone and not just the present?"

"She was helping me with the present!"

"Why would you hide her though?"

"Because.. Well I panicked and didn't think there was enough time."

"What are you waiting for? Let her out already! Poor girl's stuck upstairs!" I exclaim. He runs upstairs and I hear a loud "SUGAWARA!" and a crisp slap, which i'm assuming came from the girl Kiyoshi just released from wherever he hid her upstairs. "I told you I was sorry!" she "hmph's" in reply. "Would you just come downstairs?" "Fine." footsteps clamber down the stairs, revealing a tall girl with short curly auburn hair and bright green eyes. When they got to the bottom of the stairs, Kiyoshi immediately started to continue whatever they were doing about Daichi's present before I got home, but the girl just stood at the base of the stairs looking everywhere but at me. I walk over to her and put out my hand. "Hi, I'm Suga-er well I guess you already call Kiyoshi that so.. My name's Koshi!" She smiles endearingly and says, "I'm kuriko." while taking my hand and shaking it.

"Right, well what are you guys doing for Daichi's birthday?" I walk over to the kitchen table where Kiyoshi is furiously painting. "Whatcha painting?" I ask. "I'm trying to paint a portrait of Daichi in his favorite color, but it doesn't look right!" I study it for a few minutes. The colors swish and swirl around the canvas almost perfectly describing the likeness of Daichi. Something seems a little off though. "Try softening the eyes a little and raising his eyebrows a little." He rounds out the eyes and deepens the blue shade, blending a little, and then he lowers the sharp angle of his eyebrows a little. "How did you know that would work?" Kuriko walks over to the table with stars in her eyes. "Wow! That looks amazing! That's your boyfriend?"

My hands get all sweaty and I feel heat rising in my face like pouring hot water into me like a mug. All I need is a tea bag. "W-what?" I look over at Kiyoshi who has a sly smirk on his face. "He's not my boyfriend! Why would you assume that?!" I look back at kuriko. "Kiyoshi told me that he was!" she points at him. "You snitch!" and points back with a huge smile on his face. If he was trying to hide it, he clearly wasn't doing a good job. "W-well, he's not my boyfriend, so let's change the subject! And Kiyoshi, why would you tell her that!" "Well, you do talk about him constantly so.." "I did notice how you knew exactly how to make his painting resemble him perfectly, though. It wasn't all his fault." Kuriko chimes in. "Well, we have been best friends since we were practically babies so, of course I would know what his face looks like!"

"I guess so, but you had this dreamy look in your eye.. Like-" Her eyes go wide. "YOU LIKE HIM! YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH-" I slap a hand over her mouth to try and stop her from saying it.