21

The weather is so calm, not even the wind is blowing. Everything is completely still. Even the balloon floating near the ceiling is still. The blue light cast from the moon makes pretty reflections on the floor tiles. The heart rate monitor thingy shows my heart is beating very fast right now, which I guess makes sense.. Shadows of footsteps show through the crack in between the door and the floor, piercing through the yellowy lights of the hallway. This doesn't look like Daichi's house. Wait.. why is there a heart rate monitor? A nurse opens the door, and jumps at the sight of me.

"Oh!"

I try to say hello, but my voice never comes out. I frown, and decide to just wave instead of speaking. "Wow! That's wonderful, you can move your arm like that already?"

Why wouldn't I be able to move? I try to speak again but all I get out is a crackly "hm?"

"Hold on one second, I'll be right back!" then she scrambles off to who knows where.

..why am I here?

In a hospital..

What time is it?

All the leaves are gone from the trees..

What day is it?

Just now I was fooling around with Daichi, and.. Now he's gone. Where is he?

Judging by the lights outside, I would hope he's asleep, but is it selfish that I wish he was here with me? I probably have a lot of schoolwork to do.. damn.

This nurse is taking forever to come back.. I think I might just take a nap while I wait for her..

.................................

(Daichi's POV)

At this point, I don't even know what day it is. People have stopped trying to cheer me up, and just accepted the mediocre sad version of myself that I despise.

How did I get like this?

People used to say I was one of the top students; always on time, all A's almost perfect attendance, kind and helpful-but now look at me! I'm a wallowing blob in a school uniform.

No sleep

No friends

No motivations

No respect.

I need to stop this.

My teammates don't deserve to be treated like this, and neither do I.

Stop this.

. . .

The lunch bell rings, all the students stampede out of the classrooms, like a herd of zebras.

The noise of the lunchroom makes me kinda sad.

But, doesn't everything nowadays?

But this especially. It's always pitiful to see those kids sitting alone at lunch, looking all sad—except of course the ones that enjoy being alone at lunch—either way, now I'm all alone, and being pitied by all those other kids.

Am I such a parasite that I need to have Suga with me at all times in order to live? Was I so clingy that Suga decided he couldn't stand to bear my baggage any longer and threw himself out a window? I certainly hope not. But then again, how could I ever know? Still, Suga never would have wanted me to act like this.

Let's look on the bright side; when we went to visit him last time, his skin didn't look as pale; he looked kinda.. Alive.

/*Ping*/