15

We set off running back towards my house. I make sure that I run faster than him so that I can make it to the house first. I jump the stairs two-at-a-time and turn off all the lights. "He's coming!"

A few seconds later, Daichi appears in the doorway all dramatic-movie-like and we all yell, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAICHI!" as I turn on the lights again. His eyes grow wide and his smile does as well. His hand flies up to his mouth and he laughs. "I-I don't really know how to respond! Thanks guys!"

....................................

(Daichi's POV)

A few hours pass and everyone's starting to warm up to each other. My attention is snapped away from what I was doing when my mom stands on the kitchen counter and yells, "ALRIGHT, IT'S TIME fOR CAKE!"

I go to sit down at my usual chair at our dinner table, but Suga pulls me up again and says, "No, silly! Take the birthday chair!" "O-okay then." I sit down in the 'birthday chair' awkwardly. "Can someone hit the lights?" mom asks as she lights the candles. The lightswitch clicks, and soon enough, a messy chorus of voices join in to sing the birthday song. Over all the pitchy voices in the group, one voice in particular rings in my ears, it's smooth and light, almost like when you're eating something bland and then you add salt and then it suddenly tastes delicious, or when you finally get enough sleep and you actually feel well rested. It was Suga's voice that was the cherry on top, and took away all the awkwardness of being sung to. The cake is sat on the table in front of me, the flames feel gentle and obviously warm.

I blow out all the candles in one breath. "Make a wish Daichi!" Hinata exclaims from behind Kageyama. I hope that everyone stays happy like this forever.

Next thing I know, a hand pushes my head into the cake! I immediately sit up and turn around sharply to see the person who just pushed me into the cake. I sit up, and all in a split second, everyone points to Suga. Suga is sporting a cheeky smile.

I pull him in by the collar of his hoodie and plant a firm kiss into his lips. "Daichi!" He pulls away and grabs a handful of cake and throws it at me! "Koshi!" I gasp. I also throw a small handful of cake at him. "FOOD FIGHT!" Aiya yells. Everyone grabs a handful of some kind of food and throws it at each other. At first, Akaashi didn't want to join in, and just kinda stood awkwardly in the corner, while Bokuto was looking back and forth at him like a puppy waiting to be set free to play in the backyard. Bokuto decides to join, and comes running back to Akaashi and just gently stuffs some cake in his mouth right as he's about to say something.

This sets something off in Akaashi and you can see the fire in his eyes as he runs up to the bowl of pretzels, and uses them like darts against Bokuto's icing hands approaching him. A little bit of food drops onto the rug in the living room, and immediately, mom yells at the top of her lungs, "ALRIGHT, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, YOU CRAZY KIDS!" and laughs. Everyone runs out the front door, and I see a glimpse of Kuroo placing Kenma's switch on the coffee table so it doesn't get damaged.

"Daichi, what have you done?" Suga laughs. "Me? This was your fault!" "What? I would never!" He exclaims dramatically.

....................................

(Suga's POV)

Daichi slowly inches toward me, and to say the least, I am confused. "I-what are you-" He placed his hands on my shoulders and inches even closer to my face. Is he seriously going to kiss me, right now? His eyelashes brush against my face, and my face automatically scrunches up, like a knee-jerk response. Something warm and wet touches the tip of my nose, and then Daichi pulls away from my face.

He

Just

Licked

My

Face

"D-Daichi you Dork!" I push him away. He falls to the ground, laughing. "What, there was frosting on your nose!" "Yeah, well-" His hand presses a glob of frosting from the grass into my face. How convenient. I gasp, loudly. "Daichi!" (A/N: maybe it warmed up and the snow melted or maybe it was like sleet snow? Idk but I kinda forgot that I added snow in earlier-)

His smile gets even bigger than I thought was possible at this point, and I feel lucky that I'm the one to receive it. "Happy birthday."

"Daichi!" Noya comes running towards us, dragging Asahi behind him. "I didn't know that you guys were together!" Daichi stands up, and pulls me up with him by the hand. "That's because we got together today." "Congrats!" Awkward pause. "Also, what are we gonna do about the mess inside?" I hadn't thought about that- we had jus ruined a cake that mom probably spent hours making, and we made the house a mess! "Hey, Sugar?" He says, turning his head towards me. My face heats up and my heart pounds faster. "Plan my funeral for me?" "Oh- um sure." "Thanks," he says and jogs up to his house. Noya's head turns to me sharply and he says, "'Sugar?'" A sly smile creeps on both Asahi and Noya's faces. "Yeah, 'Sugar?'" "Well- I, um-" More people gather in a circle around me. "It's just a nickname, what's the big deal??" Kiyoko pipes in from somewhere in the crowd. "Because it's a cute one!" I can feel my face turning redder by the second. "W-will you guys just knock it off?!" "We're just teasing, man come on." Tsukkishima ads.

Daichi finally comes back outside, and sighs exasperatedly. "She already had it cleaned up! She's a witch, I swear-" He looks around. "What's going on?" "Oh nothing, we were just talking to Sugar." Tsukkishima replies. "Hey, only I/Daichi am/is allowed to call me/him that!" we both say in unison. (A/N: did that make any sense at all??)

"Anyways-" Yamaguchi interjects. "When did you two get together?" "Oh, we got together today actually.." Daichi says. "Congratulations!" Kiyoko and Yachi exclaim. "I was beginning to think they'd never get together, right Yuu?" Tanaka says. "Exactly." Noya replies.

(A/N: so, sorry it's kind of a short chapter lol I didn't really know what to write for this one, and I only really had the food-smashing and the kiss part pre-planned so really all the rest I kinda just pulled out of my ass-

anyways, I've been really busy recently, and I kinda just didn't know how to go about writing this chapter, so sorry it's so late. anyways again, happy pride month!! and stay safe everyone! <3)