12

(Suga's POV)

The next day, I wake up very exhausted. Looking over at the clock, I see that it's only 12 in the morning. Daichi's birthday is coming up, and I still haven't chosen what to get for him yet. I guess now is as good a time as any. Okay, so Kiyoshi is making a portrait of him, I know that Asahi's planning on getting him a new volleyball since his is all beat up, but what should I get him? His birthday is in a week! I start pacing my room around in a circle. I'm in the mood to paint, but would my parents get mad at me if I started doing that at 12 in the morning on a Saturday night? It might make some noise.. I hope not.

I remember back when we were second years, we took this really great picture and he said that it would be a really pretty painting.. I hope he's right. I don't think I'm the best at painting, but I hope I have the skill level to do it justice. We were having a picnic after the last day of school that year, and we set up our camera on a timer so we could both be in it, and the sun was really bright, the plants were blooming, it was picture perfect. But most of all, it was Daichi who really stole the show with that picture. His eyes glitter in the sunlight, lighting up like honey brown. His smile brighter than the sun.

I creep down the hallway, and see the faint gleam from the street lights shining in through our windows, there's always this eerie silence during the night, like nature is just waiting for us to wake up, or like it's holding its breath. Which is the perfect time to get work done, because there's nobody around to get in the way. It's always kind of annoyed me that the sky isn't all the way dark. It's kind of like this dark berry color, like what color is actually made when you mix red and blue in art class.

I wonder if Kiyoshi thinks this would be a good gift..

I knock on Kiyoshi's door quietly. He hums annoyedly. I open the door, taking this as a sign that he's awake. And I was correct. He is sitting on his bed, with his headphones on and laptop fully bright. He glares at me. "Um.. whatcha doin'?" I ask. "I'm trying to rewatch Death Note right now, do you mind?" "Ooh! What episode?" He notices my excitement and tries to match my tone. "I'm on the episode where Light 'takes a potato chip, and eats it!" "Nice," we sit there in uncomfortable silence for a few minutes before he unpauses Death Note again and goes, "Is there a reason why you're here, or just to watch me watch my show?" "Oh, right um-" I pull out my phone from my pocket. "Should I paint this for Daichi?" I hand him the phone. "Yeah," he tosses my phone back at me and turns back to his computer. "Hey! Watch it!" "Sorry."

I quietly tiptoe down the stairs and pull out my canvas and art supplies from the bin in the cabinet located in the dining room, careful not to make much noise.

I pull up the picture on my phone as my reference and get to work. My brush strokes dab up and down the canvas, all coming together to create a watercolor version of our picture. The various greens of the plants and the various blues mix in perfect harmony, the flower petals falling from the trees, and Daichi sitting in the middle of it, as if all the plants were on display for him. His eyes shone bright in the late afternoon sun. 

(A/N: sorry this chapter is kinda short, and also late, but I didn't really have any ideas lol)