° Chapter Three °

[Art belongs to costcopunk from Twitter]

[ Third Person's P.O.V ]

“I knew it!”

Miko cheered for herself for guessing it right. Optimus turned to Smokescreen, “Let's consider this as a training for you to learn more of humankind and how to co-exist with them, Smokescreen”

Smokescreen nodded as he smiled. “Of course Optimus, I won't let you down!”
He turn to face Michael and kneel down. Easier way for engaging a conversation.

“Guess I'll be your guardian, honestly I'm a bit new at this so I'll do my best!”

He smiled widely as he stared up at the rookie. He nodded as his smile also creeped up behind the mask. It's been a while for someone to have a normal conversation with Michael.

“Yeah...me too, I..hope I won't be much of a burden”

“Oh no you won't!”

Smokescreen said as he suddenly gently tap Michael's head with his servo. “Let's both get along, Michael!”

Afterwards, Michael quickly got used to the whole situation in a short time. Honestly, none of the Autobots have a problem with Michael.

All he did in the base was sitting quietly on the couch either listening to the children or kept his hands to himself.
All while until it was time to go home.

So he was basically quiet and only talked when he needed to.

The children are heading their way home and so is Michael.

Michael was quite weirded out on being inside of a car, knowing that the car is alive. But he had no choice. Although, he gotta admit. The seat is quite smooth and soft. Though he didn't want to make himself too comfortable since it is still an alive being. He clearly doesn't want to discomfort Smokescreen.

“So, where to? Your home?”

He asked as they're already outside of the base. Smokescreen driving along the silence trail of the canyon. “Oh right, my bad...uh..”

Michael told Smokescreen his exact address and straight away, Smokescreen heads there.

Along the ride, Smokescreen was quite talkative. Not that Michael didn't appreciate it but he did enjoy it. In fact, he missed having a conversation with someone else. Even if it isn't a human.

“Oh, I've been rambling haven't I? Sorry, can't help it!”

Michael chuckled as he smiled behind the mask. “No, you're fine... actually I enjoy it, it's...been a while since I last talked to someone”

“Really? That's great then, seems like we're going to get along very well!”

“I'm sure we will”

“Hey, gotta say, you sure have a unique voice for a human. Not being rude-”

“Oh, no, no, it's okay..thanks”

He look out at the window to see the canyon and mountains fading behind them. “You're not quite the type to talk aren't ya?”

“Uh, well used to..it's complicated..”

Michael answered with a sigh. That made Smokescreen silence.

“Smokescreen?”

“Oh sorry, just thought maybe you prefer silence, even though I can't see your face I have a feeling you're tired by the sound of your voice”

“Is..that so..? Well, I am tired but I really don't mind listening to you..your stories are honestly...entertaining..”

The rear mirror moved which caught Michael's eyes. It face directly at him, as if Smokescreen is looking at him by face to face.

“You think so? I just assumed you're enduring it”

“Yeah, I mean it..I do miss talking with others..”

Somehow, Michael has a feeling that Smokescreen is smiling.

“Alright, now how about I tell you my experience of beating the Decepticons?”

“Sure, why not? Whatever you wanna tell me, I'll listen”

On the way to Michael's house. Smokescreen told Michael all his experience on earth and how he fought against the Decepticons when he first got into team Prime and so on.

The next day would be another night for Michael to attend, his second night.

“Whoa..that sure is one creepy building..”

Smokescreen stated as he parked himself in the parking lot. Near the entrance.

Michael getting off as the door closed shut. “So I'll only have to stay here and wait until 6 am right?”

“Yeah, sorry if you have to wait for six hours doing nothing”

“Oh no it's fine, although I should tell you that I might be needed by team Prime while you're still working. So if I still haven't come back till then, you should wait for me. I don't want you to wander on your own at the moment”

“I see, alright then, gotcha Smokey”

Michael paused when he caught his tongue, he heard Smokescreen gasped. “Did you just called me Smokey?”

“Uh, well-”

“Awwe! Is that a nickname for me?”

“Well..do you want me to?”

“I don't mind, I was actually surprised cause I never have a nickname before. So it's nice hearing that”

Michael smiled softly behind mask. “I'm glad, anyways, I'm off. See you later”

Michael answered the phone while watching over the security cameras.

"Hey, man, okay! I have some awesome news for you. First of all, we found some vintage audio training cassettes. Dude, these are like prehistoric! I think they were, like, training tapes for other employees or something like that. So I thought we could, like, have them playing like over the speakers as people walk through the attraction."

He looked out at the window and by the door from time to time. Tilting his head as he tapped on each cams to see if anything is out of the ordinary.

“Well it's been years since the 19s so it is sorta prehistoric...”

"Dude, that'd make this place feel legit man! But I have an even better surprise for you. And you're not gonna believe this, we found one! A real one! Uh-uh, uh, gotta go man! Uh, we-well, look it's in there somewhere! I-I'm sure you'll see it. Okay, I'll leave you with some of this great audio I found. Talk to you later man!"

He paused as if he suddenly missed something urgent. "They finally found a real..one?"

He widen his black eyes with his white pupils shaking. "In an open park?! What were they thinking? Well, as long as it isn't haunted or anything. Or else something horrible would go wrong..”

He didn't bother to listen phone guy's cassette now that he know what he was prepared for tonight.

Few hours has passed, he's been doing alright so far. It's almost the end of his shift, that is until. A figure appeared behind the window. In front of Michael's desk.

He froze in place, since there aren't any doors or a Freddy mask to help him. He's powerless as he stayed still. He couldn't see the figure properly since it was too dark to where it was standing. But, the appearance looked familiar.

Then it hit him, it's the real one.

It's here.