° Chapter Five °

[ Michael's P.O.V ]

"There's no...way that's...him.."

I slouch down against the wall of the building. Regaining my breathing to a stable pace. I stretch both of my trembling legs and gawked when I saw my ankle completely twisted.

"The pain may remains but it doesn't bother me that much anymore.."

I reach for my ankle while gritting my teeth as I quickly twist it back to the original position as it should be. I gasped and hissed when a pain strike for a split second.

I panted as I tried to move my leg. It still hurts but it's back to normal. Well, should be. Okay, not entirely so I'd have to treat it once I'm home. Then again, I'm a living corpse.

But I gotta fix my ankle or else I won't be able to run properly. I would need it cause I'd be sure to run again in the future.

I whip my wrist out and checked the time, with an exhausted sigh. I got up with the support of the wall and head to the parking lot. Suddenly, I panicked when I remembered I lost my mask.

I stopped and touched my face, "Wait, no, no I need to hide my face! I can't let Smokescreen see me like this"

I walked back to the exit door and stared at it debating whether I should get back in to get my mask or just use my hood instead.

My foot tap against the rough surface while I ended up not to take the risk further. Now that the animatronic inside won't let me go that easily no more.

"Now that's gonna be tougher when I'm back for three more nights.."

I turn back and before continuing my way to Smokescreen. I pull my hood further, drawing over my face and even slick my hair back.

"Maybe I should go back home real quick to not only to treat my ankle but also to get another mask.."

I walked up to the parking lot and spotted Smokescreen. On the same spot I had left him last night. Smiling, I waved since no one isn't around and this place has barely the audience anyway.

I reached Smokescreen and pat his hood. "Hey, I'm...uh back"

He took a while to realize I was here which meant the he must have been occupied.

"Michael! Oh, your mask is gone"

I anxiously chuckled as I nodded. "Yeah uhm, I lost it so if it's okay, can we go back home just to get another one? I also uh.... wanna settle something too"

"Oh, alright sure. Hop on in!"

He got inside the car as Smokescreen then started his engine and drive back to Michael's house. "So how's your second night?"

"Uh it's alright, how about you? I mean what have you been doing while you were waiting for me?"

"Oh, not much actually. Believe it or not. I actually drove around the building for a while since I didn't really like staying in one spot"

"Then you should have go for a ride. I really don't mind, you can just even drop me off and it's not necessary to pick me up"

I said while watching out the window to see the sun brightly rising up the town of Jasper. "Nah, it's fine. Besides, I wanna fulfill my duty as your guardian! If Optimus entrusted me to be your guardian then I must do what's to be a guardian!"

"Okay, that was cool"

"Cool? What do you mean? You lost me"

I laughed just by hearing the confusion on his voice blown away my anxiety. "I meant about what you said just now. You really looked up to Optimus don't you? I get it anyway, he's a very good leader"