° Chapter Sixteen °

[ Third Person's P.O.V ]

Michael watched as Smokescreen blamed himself for letting his guard down when he was knocked to the ground by something or someone extremely fast.

They lost an omega keys and are trying to get the remainings left before the Decepticons reach them.

“Smokescreen was sucker punched. Could have happened to any of us”

Bulk said trying to cheer the rookie up and assure that it wasn't his fault. Smokescreen was angry with himself that he shove Bulk's arm away from him.

“But it didn't”

“Because I was the one who dropped his guard. I was the one who blew it. Some great warrior I'm turning out to be”

Michael stood by the med bay and as usual, he overheard the conversation even though he was told not to. Can you blame him? When they're so loud?

Arcee sigh and looked irritated, “You still don't get it do you?”

Reminding him again. “A couple of victories aren't gonna make you a legend and not every mission results in success!”

Arcee reminded the rookie, Optimus glance over his shoulder.

“Not for me, not for Bee, not even for Optimus”

She continued, “We've gained relics and we've lost some. We also lost friends. We've even lost a world! But this is one time we get a do-over. We have a chance to bring back Cybertron and everyone in this room needs to be in sync!”

She looked sternly at Smokescreen. “This isn't about you or your destiny!”

Optimus finally tend to solve the argument. “Arcee, you have made your point”

Arcee didn't stop but continued even more. “Optimus, he needs to hear this”
She turn to face the rookie once more.

“You might actually become a great warrior one day and I hope that you do. But greatness begins and ends with putting the team first! Not your personal scorecard”

Smokescreen had enough and answered back. “There's nothing I wouldn't do for you guys!”

“Then stop trying to be a hero and start being an Autobot”

She ended the argument with that. Silence took over the atmosphere as Smokescreen glanced at Optimus and even at med bay knowing Michael is there, listening.

But he just couldn't deal with this, with his failure. “You know what? Maybe I'm just not good enough!”

Hearing the sound of shifting. Michael quickly take a peek and saw Smokescreen leaving the base. He felt his chest got heavier.

“Smokescreen...”

He mumbled sadly as he slouch against the wall. With a sigh, also because he's been trying to find a way to enter the attraction since it was strictly guarded.

He wanted to find him again, he wanted to check. Whether he was right about his theory.

He focused himself back on reality and continue to listen the outside of the med bay.

“Next time Optimus advises you to stop, perhaps you should listen”

Said the medic and he could picture Arcee's face. A sympathy and guilty looked. But he's siding with her, after all. He learn that Smokescreen is young and so he still has a lot to learn more.

Bulk was about to bring Smokescreen back only for Optimus to stop him.

“I'll bring him back--”

“Smokescreen is young Bulkhead and has much to learn”