Start of Something New

Before you could even acknowledge it, you realize you'd passed out by the river you had found by morning. Your clothes were torn apart and full of blood due to all the wounds you had gotten from the escape, people would get the wrong idea if they saw you like this.

Looking into the clear water that was quite breathtakingly beautiful yet somehow familiar, striking colors reflected upon it as it sparkled under the bright sun. Looking into your reflection, you find your face filled with bruises, cuts, and scratches.

Tears start to fill your eyes as you look at your reflection, wondering if all this effort was truly worth it. You missed your Elena, yet you still wished she was able to get back home on her own without trouble.

But before you could dwell on it, rustling leaves and the sound of footsteps immediately put you on your guard, preparing to use the gun if it could still function. As you point towards the sound and back away, a tall and muscular woman comes out. Her eyes widen at the sight of you, a gun pointed directly at her.

She puts her hands in the air, not daring to come closer to you. "Hey, it's alright... I won't hurt you." She says with a surprisingly deep voice, her tone soothing and willing to comfort.

Luisa could immediately tell you had been through a lot. And if Dolores hadn't heard the sound of someone by the border of the Encanto, she would probably be freaking out at the sight of you pointing a gun in her direction.

Your hands start to shake as you look at the younger woman. "Wh-where am I?" You stutter out, hoping you were close enough to the town you had heard about in whispers from your old home.

You were exhausted and in dire need of rest, you wanted peace and freedom to be yourself. Just thinking about it brought tears back into your eyes, especially now that you've found a fellow human after walking in that forest all alone.

"You're by the Encanto, our humble town and home." She cooes with a smile as she slowly gets closer, urging you to put the gun down. "I'm Luisa, you're safe now, it's okay."

Taking a deep breath, you lower the gun to continue using it as a crutch. "Y/n." You state simply as you take a sharp breath, pain shooting through your body as you move.

Luisa offers her hand for her to support you and you reach out to take it, but before you could, two figures appear. One woman was holding onto a vine while another girl held tightly onto her. "Luisa have you found-"

You take a step back quickly, feeling their eyes on you. Your leg gives in at the sudden movement, but before you could kneel in pain, Luisa holds onto you before carrying you so you wouldn't strain yourself even more.

"Oh no. We need to take her to mamá right now." The older girl speaks as your body settles under Luisa's hold on you. You feel your eyes give in at the comfort of Luisa's presence.

At least if you died right now, it would be while you felt the peaceful company of another.

Isabela, Mirabel, and Luisa make their way to La Casa Madrigal instantly. The house was filled with commotion, the Madrigal kids panicking at the sight of the new girl who had just appeared. Abuela was out busy with business, the only adult left inside being their tío Bruno.

Dolores had already instructed Camilo to bring their tía Julieta back home as soon as possible. They all waited in silence as Luisa gently let you down in the nursery room.

Mirabel busied herself with wiping the dirt off of your body with a wet towel before wrapping bandages around your open wounds. They couldn't force you to eat while you were blacked out so everyone did their best to take care of you before then.

Waking up to the sound of birds chirping from outside the window, there you found a gorgeous woman sleeping by the bed you were placed on, recognizing her as the one who came with a vine when you were by the river. Lifting your hands, you found the bandages wrapped around your body.

Hoping not to disrupt her sleep, you try to sit up quietly, the pain still enveloping your muscles with just the slightest movement. You let out a huff in pain, the other girl nodding awake at the sound of the bed creaking.

"Oh, I apologize... I didn't mean to wake you." You whisper as she stands up and holds you, instantly helping you sit up as she supports your back.

She smiles as she steps away, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "No, it's alright. I was supposed to be watching you anyway." She says then pauses, flowers blooming at the top of her head while a blush forms on her cheeks. "Watch you in case anything happened! Not watch you while you slept I mean." She says then lets out an awkward laugh.

She had no idea what had her rambling around you, nor why she was nervous. Maybe it was because you were a new face in this small town? She was definitely curious about you, especially because of how bad your condition is.

Your brows meet in confusion as you look at the top of her head, watching as the flowers slowly disappeared a second after she calmed down. "Did flowers... just grow at the top of your head and disappeared like it was nothing? Or am I officially crazy and seeing things now?"

"Oh, that's my gift." She says, and before she could give a whole explanation about it, you lean closer to her, examining her face.

"Wait... I heard that some kind of magic executed soldiers from my hometown. Is how you got your gift connected to that?" You ask as she moves back, her cheeks reddening at how close you were getting.

Isabela nods as she produces flowers on the palm of her hands, watching you as you looked at her flowers in disbelief while finding your reaction cute.

"You're from there? Abuela doesn't speak much about it." She states, making you look into her eyes. You guessed it was also something people wanted to forget about. Your original hometown due to the shame of letting people escape, and this town due to the trauma it had caused to the people.

"We don't speak much about this place either. No one back there knows about the gifts you have. It must be amazing." You state as you rub your fingers against the palm of her hand gently, not thinking much of it as you wonder where the flowers sprout from.

Before you could continue speaking though, another woman barges in, a red bow resting on her curly hair which was placed into a neat bun. "You're finally awake. Isa, I told you to call us." She says as she shakes her head.

Yet again, she was gorgeous too. You couldn't help but think that the family was blessed with good looks aside from the magical gifts. She starts announcing outside that you were awake, but you let yourself focus on the woman beside you.

"Isa." You repeat the name that the other woman called her, letting it roll off your tongue. The said girl turns to look at you with tinted cheeks as she enjoys the sound of her name coming from your lips.

"Short for Isabela." She explains with a gentle smile as people start entering the room you were currently staying in.

You nod as you realize you still had your hand on her palm. Letting go and looking into her eyes, you speak. "It's beautiful."

———————————————————

A/N: Decided to post two chapters of this book in one day since Isa didn't have an appearance in the last one.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote <3 it motivates me a lot!