Something About You

Spending the night in the forest wasn't as bad as you had thought. Basking in the moonlight while lying on the soft grass was oddly comforting. It still gave you comfort despite the uncertainty of how you would push through from here on.

You spent the time away from the Encanto looking for food, fruits, and berries if you had any luck. It wasn't a difficult task, but your stomach certainly didn't get filled from just that.

Being reminded of the sudden events, you couldn't help but worry about the situation you put on the Madrigal's shoulders. They seemed to put other people before themselves, too kind and generous for their own good. You knew they were going to try and help you despite their Abuela Alma being against the idea.

Waking up to the sun shining on your face, you stretch your hand to block the morning rays blazing against your eyes. The thought of your ex-lover immediately crosses your mind as you reminisce.

-

"Slacking off again, are we?" She says as she looks down at you, blocking the sun with her figure. Her hands are resting on her hips, and her lovely, upturned face with a raised brow sitting on it obscured the brilliant blue sky.

You let out a chuckle as you sit up to look at her properly. "We barely get the chance to do so. I'm seizing the moment." Pulling her by the hand, she sits down next to you with a smile sitting on her lips.

"You're truly such a bad influence, you know that?" She whispers, looking around before pulling you into a quick kiss, smiling against it. "But that's what I love about you."

You purr against her as you place kisses on her collarbone, nipping the flesh gently between your teeth. You feel her shiver against your touch. "What else do you love?"

-

"Y/n!" A sweet, gentle voice shouts as she looks down at you, a basket in her hands with a concerned expression on her face. The sound breaks you from your daydream, acknowledging her presence.

"Isabela?" Your brows furrow, the sunlight against her face, darkening her features and making it hard to distinguish. "What are you doing here?"

"I've been calling your name several times you know?" She says as a matter-of-factly, getting seated beside you with a reassuring smile while she puts the basket down on the grass. "I'm glad you haven't gotten far."

Opening the basket, you watch her every movement, getting captivated by her. It was like every action she made was graceful and beautiful. She was absolutely elegant- like she was dancing to a tune that wasn't present.

"It was already quite late when I left your home. I don't really want to travel in the dark again." You say with a small smile, hoping it didn't sound like you were guilt-tripping her. You merely wanted to explain.

She sighs as she starts to set the food on the grass, all of them in cute containers. "You must be hungry. I'm sorry you weren't even able to join us for dinner." She says before looking into your eyes, already feeling your heart skip beats at the consideration she had in her gaze.

Looking away as you start to become conscious, you help her set up the food, opening the containers. "No it's alright, I'm the one who came unannounced. She must have been surprised." You murmur with a smile.

She giggles, the sound becoming music to your ears. Dear god, had you not been recovering from your first love, you were for sure going to make moves on this woman. She was too gorgeous for her own good. With how she was now, you wouldn't even be surprised if she already had a lover.