Glimpse of Us

A/N: I'm just winging this chapter, so don't judge LMAOO. I can't think of shit atm.

I also keep listening to Glimpse of Us by Joji and I think it fits this book perfectly ;)

Anw, hope y'all enjoy! <3

———————————————————

Mirabel grasps your hand, tugging you along the village for a proper tour while Isabela and the others watch as she does so. And amidst it, they always make sure to be of help when needed, as well as doing their chores for the day.

It was admirable, especially because it was everything you wanted in a home. Welcoming, kind, hospitable; nothing like your old one, especially the family leading it.

Just as you pass by a barn, Isabela visibly shivers. With a raised brow, you smirk. "Not good with animals señorita?"

Camilo laughs, wrapping his arm around your shoulder while he shapeshifts into Isabela. "Not good is an understatement. I'm downright terrible at taking care of them." He says with her voice.

Isabela scoffs, tying her hair back with a gulp when she turns to look at them, filled with several sheep, horses, donkeys, hens, bunnies, and pigs. "Which reminds me, it's your turn to feed them, right?" Dolores says with a playful smile.

With a sigh, she nods in defeat. She eyes the stables for every respective animal before walking slowly with hesitation, heading towards where their food was kept.

Luisa moves to walk towards her and help, but Mirabel stops her with a hand on her wrist. "Does she not like animals?" You question as Isabela starts grabbing hay and other grains to begin feeding the horses.

"She does, but she's always afraid of handling them, in case she does something wrong." And as if the horses could smell the fear she had, they move further away from her with a low neigh, right in the corner of their stables, continuously stomping their hooves on the dirt in uneasiness.

You smile, shaking your head before walking towards her, grabbing an apple on the way. "Surely you haven't always been bad with them?" You ask as you gently approach a black horse, who was seemingly female.

Isabela shakes her head as you coo at the horse. "Her name's Aurora, the sweetest horse here." She says with a gentle smile, watching you move with assurance. "And... I actually really love them."

"Then why are you so scared? They feel what you feel y'know." You whisper as Aurora starts smelling you before gently rubbing her nose against you, chasing after your touch.

Isabela strokes her own hair, looking away in embarrassment. "I made a mistake once... when I was younger." She whispers as she looks at Aurora with a hint of guilt.

With a gentle tug on Isabela's wrist, you place half of the apple on her palm. "Tell me about it?" You ask with a reassuring smile, urging her to feed Aurora directly. "She needs you to make her feel at ease, Isa. And before that could happen, you need to start relaxing around them."

"I..." She speaks with hesitance. It was a mistake when she had first started to feed them, and it stuck with her ever since. "It was when Aurora was still just a foal. She was still so short and delicate then."

Isabela runs a hand through her hair with a sigh, distressed at just going through the events all over again; memories she wished could just vanish. "They thought it would be a good idea to let me take care of her, since she was young, just like me."

She sighs, longing to touch her but clearly holding herself back. "It was a rainy day and I was rushing to get home. I didn't double-check the hay I was feeding her, and..."